𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞

Simon, Martin, Josh, Deena and I hide beside the stores that hold the killers in them as Officer Goode walks towards C. Berman, who's standing right in front of the big tree.

"Ziggy..." He says to her.

Ziggy?

Who's Ziggy?

"Nick," She responds.

He pauses and analyzes her face. "What're you doing here?" He asks in a whisper.

"Tag. You're it," She answers, before pulling a string to dump a bucket of glow in the dark liquid, mixed with Deena's blood, right onto his face. 

She runs away from him as fast as she can to avoid getting killed by one of the ghost murderers.

I pull on the rope that's holding the gate down, lifting it up and releasing the killer to go attack Officer Goode.

Josh, Martin, Deena and Simon follow quickly after me, Simon and Josh pulling on the same rope.

Nick runs and grabs onto C. Berman, putting her in a chokehold.

This isn't a part of the plan.

"Deena!" Nick yells. "Get them away from me! If I die, she dies!" 

The only other thing that could be heard besides Nick's yells at Deena were the terrified screams of C. Berman trying to get out of his hold.

"Get away!" Nick yells as the killers get closer to him and C. Berman. "Get back-"

A killer stabs him in the back, causing him to drop down to his knees and let go of C. Berman.

C. Berman doesn't get away that easy, as a killer grabs her and starts licking her face. "Your blood is on her!" Nick yells at Deena. "It's on Ziggy!"

The killer drags C. Berman to the ground and holds his knife up, getting ready to stab her. I look to Josh, trying to find a way to save her. "What are we supposed to?!" I ask him.

He looks at me from across the room. "I- I don't know!" He responds.

I look around, trying to find a weapon or something that I could knock the killer off C. Berman with. I stop in my tracks, though, when I hear C. Berman stop screaming. 

I turn around to find that Deena's cut her hand open, and now the killers are after her.

"Fucking great," I mumble to myself.

Officer Goode runs to a door in the mall that reads "Psychos This Way". 

"Go! Go!" Josh yells at Deena, gesturing for her to follow Nick. "We got him!"

A killer starts chasing after Deena as she runs to the door. I quickly pick up a chair and run at the killer, slamming it into their stomach. The killer falls to the ground as I drop the chair from my hands.

I feel someone grab onto my arm, dragging me to run with them. "Let's go!" I hear Josh yell as I trip over my own feet, trying to keep up with Simon who won't let go of my arm.

We reach the store while Simon and Martin hold on to the top of the gate, getting ready to close it, as a killer starts walking towards us.

"Wh- Why is he doing that?" I ask, panicked. 

"It's my sweatshirt," C. Berman tells us, peeling it off her body. "It's covered in her blood." C. Berman throws the sweatshirt under the gate so the killer gets distracted by it.

Martin and Josh close the gate and I let out a breath of relief. 

"Okay," Martin starts. "We need a Plan B, like now,"