𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥

"This shit is gross," I say as Simon, Josh, Deena and I dig through the red moss where the hand bone is supposedly buried. "Just keep digging," Deena tells me.

"I'm digging, I'm digging," I tell her. 

Soon enough, we stop digging as the bone comes into view. "Jackpot," Simon says, reaching for the hand. I smack him before he reaches it.

"Ow," He says, shaking his hand. "Do you honestly think it's a smart idea to just grab the bones? After what happened with Sam?" I ask him.

He ponders the question as Deena takes off her jacket, wrapping the bones in it. 

"Let's go," She says, walking towards the mall exit. Josh trails behind her as I grab Simon, dragging him behind me.

Reaching the car, Deena drives us to where Sarah Fier's body is buried, in the woods. Deena steps out of the car and as we're about to exit with her, she locks the door. 

What the fuck is she doing?

I try to open the door again but it won't budge. "Si, are you trying the door on your side?" I ask him. "Yeah, it won't open."

"Mine won't open either. Neither will the windows," Josh says, staring at the window when Deena walks up to it. "Stay in here," She tells us, her voice muffled by the glass.

"No, we're coming with you," Josh says. "Yeah, Deena. We're not letting you do this by yourself," I say, shaking the door handle more. "Yes, you are."

"Deena, your nose is bleeding," Josh tells his sister. "Shit," She mumbles, wiping the blood on the sleeve of her shirt. "I'll be right back," She says, before running into the woods.

"Hey!" Simon yells, pounding his fist on the window. "Not cool, Deena!" 

"Damn it," Simon mumbles, sitting back in the seat. "Your sister's an idiot sometimes, Josh," I tell the kid.

"No kidding."

a/n: this might be the most boring chapter ive ever written. i just had to cut it off here bc this is where part two ends so uh YEAH im hyped for part three