𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 | 𝐞𝐧𝐝

a/n: i obviously wasn't able to battle off my adhd last night, so HERE'S THE LAST CHAPTER! I LOVE YOU ALL.

also, you're welcome in advance ;)

𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

Things haven't been back to normal.

And at this point, I don't think they ever will be. And that's fine. I like where I'm at right now, life wise- with Deena, Simon, Sam and Josh.

I even like where I am with Ziggy and Martin.

It's definitely been weird without Kate here, though. I miss her stubbornness and her sass. I miss her hugs. I just miss her. 

I've been trying to stay strong- for who? Even I don't know. I guess, myself. I just know that if I start crying about Kate, I'm never gonna be able to stop.

And to make things worse, Simon gets sad when I'm sad, and I don't like seeing him sad which causes me to be even more sad which causes him to be even more sad. 

It's a vicious cycle.

The night after Deena killed Officer Goode, my adoptive parents, Dave and Matt, let Simon stay the night at our house. 

The evening was spent with me crying my heart out to Simon and him comforting me the best he can. He held me and whispered reassuring things in my ear for hours on end, until we both fell asleep.

A good majority of the tears came from talking about Kate. 

We both reminisced on the time we spent with her. Even Simon shed a few tears. He really cared about her. We all did.

Shadyside's never gonna be the same again, but this time, maybe it's a good thing.

"Promise you'll call me to pick you up later?" Deena asks me as I step out of the car. I scoff and shut the door, walking up to the passenger seat window that holds Sam in it.

"Yes, mom," I taunt, looking at Deena. She rolls her eyes and reaches over Sam to ruffle my hair. I smack her hand off my head and get ready to yell at her for messing up my hair when she zooms away.

"See you later, Aug!" I hear her yell out the window.

I raise my hand and give her the bird, walking up the steps of the worn down house.

I knock on the door of the house, only for it to be immediately swung open by a certain Timmy Kalivoda.

Simon's older brother.

I hear Simon's yells at him in the background as Timmy flashes me a smile. 

"Hi, Timmy," I say to him, crossing my arms and wanting him to move so I can see Simon.

"Hey, Auggie," Timmy says in a slow voice. I can tell he's making fun of Simon.

Out of nowhere, an arm wraps around Timmy's neck, getting him in a chokehold as he falls to the ground.

"Only I get to call her that, asshole," 

Ugh. Men.