𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐞

After minutes of spraying glow in the dark liquid everywhere, mixed with Deena's blood, we're finally ready for the plan to take action.

The bell in the front of the mall chimes, signalling someone's walked in.

Simon and I run behind a glass counter, both holding water guns filled with Deena's blood, and wait.

"I don't see anyone," Simon whispers in my ear. "Well, there obviously has to be someone in here trying to kill us so be quiet," I respond.

"Police, hands up!" I hear in the distance. My eyes widen as I make eye contact with Simon, us both holding the same expressions.

I suddenly hear footsteps nearing towards us. I close the space between Simon and I as I cover his mouth with my hand, preventing him from whispering anything else to me.

I rest my forehead against his, closing my eyes and breathing heavy, my body filled with anxiety. Simon moves his hand to my thigh and rubs it up and down assuringly. 

The footsteps come closer and closer-

We hear Martin and C. Berman yell.

The footsteps start running in the opposite direction and I put my head into Simon's shoulder as I let my hand leave his face.

"That was close," I say to him.

"We're not getting arrested tonight, baby," He pats my leg. "Now, let's go save the world."

I let out a snort as I get up, lending him my hand. "What are you? Superman?" I ask him as he takes my hand and stands up. He grins and leans in close to me. 

"I can't be no superman, but for you I'll be superhuman."

I fake gag, pushing him away from me. "That could quite possibly be the most revolting thing I've ever heard you say, and that's after having to listen to you have whole conversation with yourself about the type of porn you find most interesting."

"First of all," He jogs, catching up to me. "I thought that was poetry."

I scoff, turning a corner in the mall. "When have you ever read poetry-"

"Second of all," He cuts me off. "Are you telling me you're not into choking?" He asks with a smirk, already knowing the answer to his question; I let it slip once while us and the group were talking about sexual experiences we've had. 

Simon wouldn't let it go for weeks, and he obviously still seems to be entranced with the fact that I like it when people wrap their hands around my neck in a sexual manner.

"I never said that, Si," I say, walking a little faster towards where we heard the screams come from. "I just didn't enjoy having you mansplain to me why you like it."

He gasps. "Mansplain?! I don't mansplain!"

I stop in my tracks and put my hand over his mouth. "This is a conversation for another time, now let's go help our friends, okay?"

He sighs, peeling my hand off his mouth. "I love you, Augs," He tells me, a pout evident on his face.

I roll my eyes and drag his hand, pulling him behind me. "I love you too, you big baby." 

"I'm not a-"

Someone drags us down to the ground.

C. Berman.

"Stay with him, okay?" She asks us, referring to Martin. We nod our heads. 

"They'll walk right by you," She tells Martin, noticing his fear. He nods his head and she runs away. 

"Oh! Goodness gracious!" He yells as one of the killers starts to walk towards us. Simon puts his hand on Martin's shoulder. "Chill, dude. They're not after us."

"Do we really know that, though? I mean, I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty confident this plan isn't gonna work-"

"Just shut up, Martin," I tell him, exasperated.

"Yep, yep. Shutting up," He says as the killer gets closer to us. "Okay, don't breathe," Martin says to himself once the killers a few feet away from us.

Just as C. Berman says, the killer walks right past us and into the store. Martin exhales a dramatic breath, getting ready to pull the rope he's holding and drop the gate so the killer can't escape.

The killer slowly enters the store and walks towards the back, leaving Martin to close the gate pretty easily.

"Fuck you," He says, standing up and pointing at the killer in the store who's struggling to get past the gate. "You ugly motherfucker."

"Let's go, Martin!" I yell at him, running towards the store Deena is in with Sam.

Deena looks at us as we enter the store and asks us a question. "Did you get one?"

We nod our heads as she looks towards Josh. "How many is that?" She asks.

"I got one, they got the Milkman-"

"Four," a voice speaks, walking into the room. "We have four," C. Berman tells us. "Skull Mask, Nightwing."

"No Ruby?" Deena asks. Josh shrugs. "I don't know. Look, we just need to keep an eye on-"

"Yo, yo, yo, yo!" Martin yells. "Why'd it get so quiet?"

That shuts us all up as we listen for the killers who were once shaking on the gates so hard that it seemed like it could cause an earthquake.

The only thing I can hear is the loud pounding of my heart. "It's him," C. Berman whispers.

Deena looks at her. "You don't have to do this."

C. Berman shakes her head and stands up. "Yes, I do." She throws herself over the counter and starts walking to the front of the mall.

"Mount up," Deena tells us, following after C. Berman. The rest of stand up and walk out of the store, getting into our places.

The bells in the front of the mall chime.

Officer Goode.

This is gonna be a blast.

a/n: i've been watching the show the white lotus on hbo max, starring fred hechinger ofc, and i'm rly boutta write a fanfic for quinn bc i'm in love with him.

anyways, uh, ily guys and i hope u guys got the one direction reference.