The night that changed everything, Part I

One week earlier

"Get out of my fucking way!"

"Stevie! What the - "

"No!", she turned around and pointed her finger at him, "You shut the fuck up! And don't you dare follow me!"

"You're such a pathetic bitch sometimes..", he screamed right back at her and walked away.

"I can still fucking hear you!", she yelled in return and ran down the corridor into the other direction to get into her car that was waiting for her outside of the arena.

She sat down in the back of the car and her whole body was still shaking because she was literally seethed with anger. No one on earth made her that furious like Lindsey did! After so many years, he still knew exactly how to push her buttons and sometimes it seemed as if he enjoyed doing just that. She breathed out heavily and prepared herself for another sleepless night! That bastard!

Since the last tour in 2013 and their by fans so-called "love fest", everything between them had changed. Two years ago, Stevie had really thought that it could be possible for her and Lindsey to become friends again, or at least something that came very close to friendship. But with Christine's return to the band, Lindsey and her were back in one of the worst places ever. They were older, yes, but definitely not one bit wiser. They screamed at each other as if there was no tomorrow and their touches and looks at each other had become less and less until they only forced themselves to do it for their fans. It was all so different than in 2013, when they really had enjoyed each other's company, some kisses here, some hugs there, a little dancing and flirting, but it had all been strictly platonic.

It was true, since he had married his wife, there had been some not so platonic kisses during the years but that was all what they had allowed each other. A kiss from time to time when they had become a little melancholic and too much alcohol had been involved.

But right now, one word from him and she felt the desperate urge to strangle him. It felt very much like 1987 again! It wasn't even important things they fought about, mostly it was the little things that drove both of them absolutely insane.

--------------

After a sleepless night, they had the next day off, and she spent it in her hotel suite all by herself. Karen was occupied, Christine visited a friend and Stevie had no idea what the guys were doing, so she ran herself a bath, relaxed, read a book and watched TV. Even though, she usually loved to be in company, she really enjoyed some quality time only by herself.

It was 6 pm and she had just looked on the menue card to order some room service, when she heard a knock at her door. Unsure, who was showing up at that time, she went to the door and opened it.

"Ugh!", she said, "What are you doing here?!"

"Wow, what a warm welcome!", he snapped in response.

"Well, excuse me but after calling me a pathetic bitch yesterday, I'm not so keen to see you!"

"Oh, stop it, will you?", he said and walked past her into the room.

"What do you think you're doing? I can't remember inviting you in!"

She ran after him into the living-area.

"What were you doing?", he asked and ignored her bitching.

"Ordering room service. Lindsey, why - "

"Nope.", he said and turned around, "We two, you and me, are having dinner tonight!"

"What?!"

"Get your ass in gear! I come and get you at 7:30 pm!"