Anniversary

They lay on the blankets and Lindsey took it really slow. They only cuddled for a while and exchanged deep, passionate kisses while watching the sun going down and taking nips of their redwine from time to time. Thanks to July, it was comfortably warm and not in the least chilly.
When finally the sun had completely disappeared and the whole sky was turning pink and purple, the first stars and the moon showing up, he pushed his luck a little bit and started to unbotton her blouse to let his right hand slide over her soft skin. Instantly, a light moan escaped her lips and she snuggled closer to him. His lips travelled from her mouth down her throat, leaving light, wet kisses there, eventually biting her, causing her to moan a little louder.

He helped her out of her blouse and unclapsed her bra to caress her upper body with all the attention it needed. His tongue drew warm, wet lines all over her skin, from her breasts to her bellybutton and up again to suck on her nipples.

She found it to be amazing how he still applied a lot of effort to make her feel special and loved when he made love to her, even though he had gotten back into her pants months ago.

She ran her hands underneath his shirt and pulled it over his head, her fingernails lovingly scratching his back and chest, just like he liked it.

It didn't take long and they had both gotten rid of the rest of their clothes and lay naked and cuddling in one warm embrace on their little bed, only the moon, the stars and the crackling bonfire spending some warm light in the darkness of the night.

He lay on top of her between her straddled legs and kissed her tenderly, his hands stroking her sides, when he suddenly broke contact with her soft lips and looked right into her eyes.

"You said I should use my savvy, right? Make it special for you.."

"Linds, it's okay. I was just kidding. This is beautiful.", she smiled up at him and caressed his cheeks.

"No, I wanna do that for you. I'll make it special! But you need to trust me."

"Linds.. What are you planning to do..?", she asked nervously.

"Shhh..", he hushed her, kissed her softly once more , then tightened his grip around her and stood up with her lying in his arms.

"Linds..", she shrieked laughingly when he took a few steps towards the water, "What are you doing?"

"Making it special!", he smirked and stepped into the lake.

"This is dangerous, Lindsey! You don't even know how..-"

"It's safe! Don't panic, Steph! I swam in here this afternoon."

"Isn't it cold?!", she asked doubtfully.

"It's perfect.", he assured her, standing already up to his hips in the water, "Don't scream now, Steph! I let you down.", he said and took two more steps and the water washed over her lap.

She squeaked in surprise and clutched at Lindsey like a little child.

"Are you okay?", he chuckled.

"Uuuuuh, it's cold!"

"Can you handle it?"

She nodded and he walked further into the water until her feet couldn't reach the ground of the lake anymore and she had to wrap arms and legs around Lindsey's waist.

"Wow..", she breathed a sigh, "This is so romantic."

He followed her eyes and looked around. She was right. Surrounded by the black water that gleamed like silver in the moonlight and the warm flames of the fire that still crackled quietly at the waterside, he had to admit that it was properly the most romantic situtation he had been in in a long time.