1

Cairo's POV

"US Soccer is proud to announce that Cairo." Some dude says as he motions to me. "Is the new manager of the United States Women's National Team."

After I'm introduced, The US Soccer president list off's my accomplishments.

"Cairo was appointed manager of Olympique Lyonnais Féminin on August 4, 2013 at the age of 18 and since then she has led Lyon to 6 straight league titles, 4 straight Women's Champions league titles, 6 Coupe de France titles, and many other awards and trophies." The US Soccer president says.

I was a player for Lyon, but had to medically retire so I joined the coaching staff then after the 2013 Euro's I was hired as the Lyon Manager.

No clue why Lyon hired an 18, almost 19, year old to be the manager, but I never questioned anything and now here we are 6 years later.

"I'll now open the floor to questions." The US Soccer president says.

"Cairo." Some reporter says. "First of all congratulations."

"Thank you." I say.

"With your hiring, you become the youngest international manager in football history at the age of only 24" The reporter says. "Do you think you're ready?"

"I do." I say.

"Do you think the team will respect you?" A different reporter asks. "Given your younger than most of them."

"I'll let my knowledge of Football make that decision for them." I say.

"Cairo you are relatively unknown..." A male reporter says as I stroke my service dog's head.

"It's not my fault that the press in America only cares about American leagues." I say. "If you were outside America you'd know that my team's been running Europe for the last four years."

I hate dumbass reporters.

"Cairo with your appointment as manager, do you think US Soccer is in a good place?" Some dude asks. "Given you're biracial."

"No." I say. "In America your model of youth football is pay to play, while in France it's free and if your good enough then you might get some financial help with schooling and travel."

Hold up.

"What the fuck does me being Biracial have to do with anything?" I question.

"Next question." Some dude says.

"Cairo when will you announce your coaching staff?" Some lady asks.

"Tomorrow." I say.

For the rest of the press conference I get asked a bunch of football related questions.

Once the press conference ends, My service dog and I leave the room then we head up to our room here in the hotel.

"Alright Koda." I say once we're in our room. "Imma change then we'll head down stairs and meet the team okay?"

Koda yips then she goes and plays with her toys while I take out my contacts and change out of my suit.

Once I'm nude, I change into my joggers, my mom's old University of Miami Crop top, and my fuzzy slippers.

"Let's go girl." I say as I put on my glasses.

Koda yips then I grab my phone and my notes before we head down to the team meeting room.

As Koda and I are approaching the meeting room I hear the national team talking about me so I stop outside the door.

"Christen do you know her?" I hear someone ask.