14

Cairo's POV

"How do I look?" I ask as my girlfriend adjusts my tie.

"Gorgeous." Megan says then she smooths down my suit. "Insanely gorgeous."

"Thanks." I mumble then Megan kisses me.

"Are you ready?" Megan asks.

I nod then Megan, Katara, Koda, and I leave the room we're in and head down to the press conference room.

Once in the press conference room, Koda and I head up on stage then I sit down behind my name tag while Koda sits at my feet.

"If everyone's ready we'll get started." The NFL PR lady says.

Once all the reporters have confirmed their ready, the press conference begins.

"Ladies and Gentlemen thank you all for being here." The PR Lady says. "Today is a historic day in the Chargers organization."

The PR lady says some history about the Chargers then she gets to the reason

"...and the NFL is proud to announce Cairo as the new owner of the Los Angeles Chargers."

The last owner of the Chargers was caught saying some fucked up racist shit so the league forced him to sell at a discounted price and I was the winning bidder

I bought the Chargers for 500 million dollars, which I think is a huge steal.

After I get introduced, I take some pictures with the NFL Commissioner then I do my introductory speech.

Once I get done with my speech, the floor is open for questions.

"Are you keeping the team in LA?"

"No." I say. "They should never have left San Diego in the first place so I'm returning them to their rightful place in San Diego after the 2021 season."

"What stadium will they use?"

"There is a privately funded stadium being built as we speak and it will be ready around March 2022."

"You expect the stadium to be built in two years?"

"We broke ground on the stadium in January 2018." I say. "The construction crew and everyone else involved all signed NDA's so it was top secret."

"How do you build a stadium without anyone noticing?"

"A really big tarp and great security." I say.

"When you say privately funded..."

"Privately funded by me." I say. "So the citizens of San Diego will not have any of their taxes go towards the stadium or the surrounding development."

"Do you think you having a stadium already being built helped you win the bid for the Chargers?" Some lady asks.

"I think it helped a lot." I say. "But I think you'd have to ask the commissioner how much it helped.

"What are your feelings about being the first Black owner of an NFL Team?"

"It's cool, but it also shouldn't have taken this long for an NFL team to be owned by a Black, or in my case, a biracial person." I say. "I'd like to keep on the good side of the other owners right now so I'll keep my mouth shut...but ask me that in a few months and I'll answer."

For the rest of the press conference I get asked a lot about on the field stuff and some off the field stuff.

When the press conference ends, Koda and I walk off the stage, join my girls, then we head down to the meeting room in the Chargers HQ.