3

Cairo's POV

"Oof." I say as I sit down on the couch in the living room part of my suite.

We just finished our last training before the Sweden game and now my coaching staff and I are going over the training and some other stuff.

"I know Carli may be some of your friends, but fuck is that bitch selfish" I say.

I about lost my shit with Carli at training after she kept missing the goal with her shots while her teammates were wide fucking open.

"You're not wrong." Hope says as she sets my drink down in front of me.

"Thanks." I say.

"Of course." Hope says then she and Keegan sit down on a couch while Astrid and Camille sit down on either side of me as Lauren, Alex Scott, and Josephine sit in the three chairs in the room.

"Can you plug this in?" I ask as I hand Alex Scott my Mac charger.

"Yep." Alex says then she does as asked.

"Thanks." I say.

Once my Mac is plugged in, I open it then I pair my screen with the tv screen so we can all see it better.

"Koda looks comfy." Lauren says causing everyone to look at my sleeping puppy.

"That dog can sleep anywhere." I say.

"Must be nice." Josephine says.

"Seriously." I say then I pull up today's training footage. "Now let's get down to business.

Over the next hour my coaching staff and I go over the training footage and talk about the things we need to address.

After we talk about the training session, we talk about the game tomorrow.

"So for the Sweden game this is who I'm thinking of starting." I say then I put the line-up for the game on the tv that I hooked up to my computer.

21-Emma Harris
2-Jasmine Spencer
7-Abby Dahlkemper
4-Becky Sauerbrunn(C)
19-Crystal Dunn
8-Julie Johnston
24-Kristie Mewis
3-Sam Mewis
17-Tobin Heath
10-Carli Lloyd
23-Christen Press

"You're actually gonna start Carli?" Keegan asks.

"I'm hoping she'll retire and go out on top." I say. "So for that reason only, I am."

"Do you want me to talk to her and suggest retirement?" Hope asks.

"If you want." I say.

"I will." Hope says.

"Barring any injury, who do you see starting game one of the Olympics?" Astrid says so I rearrange the line-up to showcase the line-up I envision for the Olympics.

Once I have the line up done, I put it up on the tv screen.

GK: Emma Harris
RB: Jasmine Spencer
RCB: Abby Dahlkemper
LCB: Becky Sauerbrunn
LB: Crystal Dunn
CDM: Julie Johnston
RCM: Rose Lavelle
LCM: Sam Mewis
RW: Christen Press
ST: ?
LW: Tobin Heath

"Jasmine and Emma starting?" Astrid questions.

"No offense to you and Hope, but Emma has the potential to be the best keeper ever." I say. "I'm not gonna tell her that, but she has the potential to be."

"You're not wrong." Hope says.

"And Jasmine's already fucking insane and she's only 18" I say. "With another full season under belt at Arsenal she'll have even more experience that can only help us in the Olympics."