38

Cairo's POV

"Thank you." I say as I take the balloons I bought from the party store worker.

After I have my balloons, Koda and I head outside to my car, put the balloons in the car, get in the car, then I drive to my hotel here in Indianapolis.

It's October now and in a few days will be our second game of the October window.

Becky and Pinoe's respective retirement games went great, but now we're focusing on the next cycle.

When I get to the hotel, I park then I grab the balloons and head inside.

"Balloons?" Sam says as I walk towards the meeting room.

"For Katara's birthday." I say.

"Is that what the cookies are for?" Rose asks.

"Yep." I say.

"Oh no." Sam says as I open the door to the meeting room

"Oh my fucking god." I groan when I see a group of bitches eating the cookies I bought.

Kelley, Lindsey, and Sonnett are eating the cookies.

"Do you cunts not know the meaning of don't fucking touch?" I ask.

"Huh?" Kelley says with a mouthful

"It literally says do not touch on the box." I say as I set the balloons down on a table. "Those cookies were for my daughter, but you bitches decided to be greedy and eat them for yourself."

"It's just cookies." Sonnett mumbles

"Do any of you know what today is?" I ask as I look at the group of ladies who ate the cookies.

"No?" Sonnett says.

"It's Katara's birthday." I say. "Also known as the day her fucking mother died."

"Oh shit." Someone mumbles.

"She hates today." I say.

"Same." Nova mumbles.

"Frankly I fucking hate today, but I tried to do something nice for my daughter and buy her her favorite flavor of cookies so that she could potentially feel better today." I say. "But you assholes didn't read the fucking no touch sign on the cookies and now Katara's day has gone to shit so fuck you and suck a fucking dick."

After I've said my piece, Koda and I leave the meeting room then we head upstairs to our room.

Once in our suite, I unharness Koda then I go lay on the bed.

"Cairo?" I hear Megan say then she appears over me.

"Hi." I say.

"Everything okay?" My Omega asks.

"They ate Katara's cookies." I say. "I wrote on the box not to touch and they still ate them."

"Who ate them?"

"Kelley, Lindsey, and Sonnett." I say.

"Fuck's sake."

"I just wanted to do something nice for Katara, but those idiots ruined it."

"I'm sorry Cairo." Megan says.

"Stupid bitches." I mumble.

"It'll be okay Alpha." Megan says as she plays with my hair. "It'll be okay."

- - - - -

"Joining us in studio now is a lady who needs no introduction." Pat McAfee says. "But I'll give her one anyway."

I'm a guest on Pat McAfee's radio/YouTube show ahead of our game tonight against Brazil here in Indy.

"Joining us is the current manager of the United States Women's National soccer team, the owner of the San Diego Padres, and The owner of the LA Chargers." Pat says. "Please welcome Cairo."

After I'm introduced the dudes in the room clap.

"It is just Cairo right?" Pat asks.

"For now." I say. "Whenever my girlfriend and I get married I'll have a last name, but for now it's just Cairo."

"Sweet." Pat says. "So how's life?"

"Pretty great." I say. "We just won Gold at the Olympics, I own some of the best sports teams in the world, and my family life is great."

"That's awesome." Pat says. "So now that you have an olympic medal, do you prefer winning a World Cup or an Olympic medal?"

"Well coach's don't get medals for wining the olympics and I haven't won a world cup yet, but I think a world cup is more special." I say. "Only because fewer people win World Cups and I've already won 4 gold medals."

"Four?" Pat asks.

"I won 4 gold medals and a bronze medal at the 2010 winter olympics." I say.

"I feel like I should've known that." Pat says. "Wait coach's don't get medals."

"Annoyingly no." I say. "But my four golds and one bronze are enough for me."

"What did you compete in?" Pat asks. 

"Long and short track speed skating." I say.

"Zito you said we have a video?" Pat says then a video of me skating at the Olympics plays. "You are flying."

While watching the video, I feel myself smile.

I seriously can't wait to get back to skating.

"Wow." Pat says at the end of the video.

Pat, his friends, and I talk more about the Olympics then we move on to the Chargers.

"So how did you owning the Chargers come about?"

"Well." I say then I talk about how I became owner of the Chargers, the transition of moving the team back to San Diego, and my expectations for the season.

"...and we got the best wide receiver in football, Deandre Hopkins, for a steal so all in all it's been a good few months as the owner." I say.

We traded a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder, and some washed up running back to the texans in exchange for Deandre Hopkins.

"How did that all go down?" Pat asks. "Like how did you guys pull that trade off."

"You shoulda seen my face when Tom said we traded for Deandre Hopkins and all we gave up was a running back and two late round picks." I say. "I literally asked Tom what he was smoking."

"Whatever it is he needs to pass to me." Pat says causing me to chuckle.

"I'll let him know." I say.

We talk some more about the chargers then we move on to the padres.

After we talk about the Padres, we talk about tonight's game until it's time for my segment to end.

"We're gonna get to break here, so thank you Cairo for coming on the show." Pat says.

"Thanks for having me." I say then Pat outro's our segment.

Once we're off Air, I take my headphones off then I stand up.

"Ready Koda?" I ask as I scratch Koda's head.

Koda yips then the two of us shake hands with Pat and his friends before we leave the studio.

"You hungry too Koda?" I ask as we step outside Pat's building.

Koda yips and does a little dance making me laugh.

"Alright girl." I say. "Let's go eat."