Donchard. [A Dashlie Oneshot]

They were driving Dashlie insane.

     She, personally, was never interested in this kind of thing, and she highly doubted she ever will. However, when it came to other people's business, Dashlie was an expert. Especially when those people were oblivious idiots that tended to skirt around the obvious.

     Much like the exposition given now.

     Dashlie sat in the D Gang manor library with Don, going over some stupid research Duni had assigned them to. In all honesty, she hadn't exactly been listening when the pug was barking their ears off, so she had zero clue what they were looking for. However, Don was a lot smarter than she was, so she was lucky enough that he was willing to carry the team.

     When it came to this, however, Don's genius seemed to dissolve into a small pea.

     "Okay, so... what's so special about these birds?" Dashlie asked. No, that's not the thing Don was stupid at. That will come later.

    Don rolled his eyes. "That's what we're trying to figure out. They're like... not normal birds. Their hippocampus is exceedingly bizarre," he informed. Dashlie nodded, chewing on the end of her pen.

    "Hippocampus, yes, that makes sense," she said, you know, like a liar. "Just so we're on the same page here, a hippocampus is that bird horse thing from Harry Potter, right?"

    The elf stared at her incredulously, his tired, yellow eyes fazing into the back of his skull. "No, Dashlie. A hippocampus is not a hippogriff," he said, and the woman nodded and hummed.

    "Right, of course," she said.

   "A hippocampus is a part in the brain that regulates stuff like emotion and memory and such." Dashlie oh-ed and grabbed a book. "So, we're basically trying to find out one) why they are like this, and two) how this, like, enhances their abilities."

     "So we're dealing with smart birds."

     "Essentially, yes."

     "As opposed to stupid birds."

     "Pretty much."

     Dashlie groaned. "I hate this. I'm not doing this boring stuff. As part of my religion, I don't believe in birds."

     Don laughed so loud and suddenly at that that Dashlie fell out of her chair. This only made Don laugh harder. Dashlie gritted her teeth and gripped her pen, ready to go for the man's ankles. That's when Richard spared Don's life by walking down the stairs at the right time.

     "What the hell is happening here," he grumbled, sounding like he had just woken up. Dashlie swiped for Don's ankles just at that time, but the elf had gotten up from his seat and moved away.

     "Oh— Uh, hey— dude. We're just... doing stupid research Duni put us up to," Don fumbled, his voice going a slight pitch higher than usual. Dashlie rolled her eyes and stood up. Unfortunately for her, she was still under the table, and she slammed her head against the bottom of it.

     To no one's surprise, Richard laughed at this. Dashlie got out from under the table, rubbing her head and scowling. "Shut up, loser. What are you doing down here, anyways?" she asked, already dreading this interaction.

    Don and Dashlie sat back down as Dick walked down the stairs to the bottom floor, the spurs of his cowboy boots clicking. Dashlie sneaked a glance at Don to see him staring intently at the book in front of him. The page he happened to be on was the table of contents.

    "Can I not walk around the house I live in?" Dick remarked, stopping at the end of their table.

     "Preferably, no," Dashlie answered, earning a punch to the shoulder from Richard. The two laughed before Dick glanced at Don, snatching his book up.