Elephant Graveyard (The Lion King AU) [D Gang Oneshot]

DDawn's worn, brown boots stopped in the dusty dirt as he stared before the area the plateau gave way to. A tangy smell clung to the dusty wind, sweat and grass suffocating under the scent. Boils if geysers bubbled beyond the rocks, and very little to no life could be seen past the jagged boulders through the darkness of the night. But DDawn knew what laid beyond the bones that jutted out from the dark dirt, and neither the foreboding silence nor the uninviting dark scared him. He folded his arms behind his back and heaved a troubled sigh. So he was really doing this, huh? He never thought he'd see the day.

     "I never thought hyenas essential," he whispered, climbing down the decline of dirt and kicking away clumps of dried grass. DDawn stopped and dusted his hands of, the lion of a man eventually advancing steadily toward the elephant graveyard. "They're crude... and unspeakably plain." Once more he paused in speaking as a smirk creeped onto the features of his pale face. "But maybe they've a glimmer of potential... if allied to my vision and brain..."

     Into the darkness he crept, the only light being the green glow of the geysers and the moon's crescent light. Soon, the man would meet the outcasts, and their animalistic behaviors shall prevail usefulness to him. DDawn's unloving heart thumped in his chest, sickening excitement running through his veins. Soon, he shall gain access to the throne that he viewed was rightfully his.

+++

     "Move over, Dick!" hissed Don, kicking his disheveled friend off the rock Don was resting on. Richard pushed himself up by his hands and looked at Don from the ground, a scowl creasing Richard's features. Don returned the glare before turning over. "I'm trying to sleep. Go bother someone else."

     Richard got up on his knees and pushed his crooked glasses up his nose, a defiant glimmer in his red eyes. Hugging himself tightly and folding his tattered, black jacket on himself, the man shuffled his way over to the other side of Don and laid down on the rock, earning an annoyed groan from Don, who turned back over to glare at him. "Seriously? You're just doing this on purpose now," said Don with edge, only making Richard shove him with his elbow. Don sat up with an aggressive huff and once again kicked his heavy, black boots towards Richard, but the other hyena of a man merely rolled over and held his ground. Annoyed, Don grabbed Richard by the ear, tugging on the tear in the man's cartilage and making him gasp in pain.

     A few people looked up lazily from their sleeping places on the cold, black, stoney floor and watched with disinterest as Richard and Don went for each other's throats, again. The two yelled death threats at one another while the onlookers turned away to try and sleep. The fistfight echoed throughout the area until a woman emerged from the depths of a cave crevice, her red eyes flickering with distaste over the two men fighting before her. After a while of the two kicking up dust and clawing at one another, Dashlie finally let out a groan when she realized she'd have to intervene since Richard and Don had yet to end their battle. The leader of the hyenas approached the two, her black boots clicking against the uneven, rocky floor. Just as Richard had managed to pin down Don and was about to attempt at smashing in the other man's skull, Dashlie grabbed Richard's fist and twisted his arm, making him whine in pain as she pulled Richard off of Don.

     "Will you two quit your fighting? You're acting like children! One day you'll both kill each other and I'll be the one that has to clean up the blood," groaned Dashlie as Richard crossed his arms and legs and scowled at the floor, Don climbing back onto the rock and laying on his stomach. Dashlie observed the two and sighed frustratedly. "Now, I would really appreciate it if you guys would shut up. We're all trying to sleep here — on empty stomachs, might I add. So, please, kindly quit your bickering or I'll be forced to throw both of you into the geysers." The two grumbled and went quiet; Dashlie turned on her heel and approached another group of people to check up on them.