one bed

Exhausted would be an understatement to how the D Gang felt when they trudged into the hotel that evening.

Everyone stared at the disheveled group as rooms were booked. One at a time. Duni insisted on a suite for himself. No one else got such a treat. "This is a waste of time," DDawn muttered as he turned and headed out the motel to god-knows where. Duni spared the robot a longing glance.

"Are you sure, friend? It might rain-"

"Save it!" DDawn snapped at the pug, who pouted and turned back to the front desk.

"Suit yourself, I suppose," he murmured before turning to the other three with a smile. "Alright! Rooms are booked. Dashlie, you were going to share with DDawn, but I guess now you're lucky and have a room to yourself! Don and Dick will share a room. I will get a room by myself, of course."

Don, who was practically dead on his feet, only caught a small snippet of that. "What?" he said, maybe a little too loudly than he realized. "Wait, why does Dashlie and you get your own rooms? Why do... share..."

The jester shook his head, fighting to keep his eyelids open. He would argue more, but he was already drained of energy. That giant had put up a good fight that afternoon. "Well, Don, if you wish to share with Dashlie, then be my guest-"

"UGH!" scoffed Dashlie, disgust dripping from her words. "Never in a million years. Don't even put that thought in his head! That room is mine!"

Before anyone could make a move, the woman snatched up the room key and bolted off. Duni watched her go before calling out to her, "Dashlie! It's the other way!"

As Dashlie sprinted down the other way, Richard slammed his hand on the room key and practically dragged himself down the hallway. Don followed after him after Duni went and ran ahead. The jester could faintly hear Dashlie yelling at the pug, but it all was too muffled to understand. Don was too tired to care.