Fake Date [Donchard Oneshot]

The following is a part two continuation of paperclipsandchalk 's part one oneshot. Read it first, because this won't make any sense.
***

Richard's mom smothered him in a hug when she walked through the door that Monday afternoon as her husband moved their luggage into the den. "There's my baby boy!" exclaimed Mrs. Dootzki as she suffocated her son. "Has little Richie had a good time while we were away? I sure hope so!"

    "M-Mom, I can't breathe," choked Richard, and Mrs. Dootzki let him go, smoothening out her blouse and cleaning her glasses.

     "Well, Richie, sorry we arrived later than we intended," said Richard's mother as she and her son headed into the living room. "The flight was delayed and we didn't get to do everything we promised for you. You got my call about that, right?"

     "Yeah, I did," Richard said, nodding and scratching the back of his head. "I got dinner ready, too, like you asked. I'm not that great at cooking, but I tried my best."

     "Honey, the guests will be arriving soon," informed Mr. Dootzki as he headed towards his and Mrs. Dootzki's bedroom. "I just got a text from Mrs. Nine-Seven that Dashlie and everyone is on their way."

     "Oh, shoot!" panicked Mrs. Dootzki. She turned to her son and patted him on the shoulder. "Richie, go get yourself ready. You want to be presentable!"

     Richard nodded as his parents disappeared, and the teenager hesitantly made his way upstairs, thinking about what everyone's reactions would be when the events to come would unfold. As he changed into a better shirt, he glanced at the plastic bag full of art supplies he got from Michael's. He hoped to the heavens Don wouldn't bale.

+++

     "So," said Mr. Dootzki as everyone sat at the dinning table. Richard sunk down slightly in his seat, expecting what was to come. Mr. Dootzki looked at his son while taking a bite of charred chicken. "Richard, you said you had a date coming, huh? What are they like?"

     "If they're even real," giggled Dashlie. Richard shot a glare at her as she, Dousie, Mrs. Nine-Seven, and Richard's parents all looked at him.

     "They are real," defended the teenager. He glanced away. "They just... haven't shown up yet.."

     "Oh, we don't doubt they aren't real, Richard!" reassured his mother as she cut into the food on her plate. "We just want to know what they're like. Who's the lucky guy or gal?"

"'Lucky'," smiled Dashlie, and Richard shot his ex with another look.

"He... is an artist," started Richard, and Mrs. Dootzki gasped excitedly. "And... he's funny, smart... uh... more handsome than Chris Evans... and... he's... from Canada."

A silence fell upon the group, the only sound being the light scraping of silverware on plates. "He sounds fake to me," Dousie finally said.

"He's not fake!" said Richard. Dashlie took a doubtful swig of water.

"I don't know... more handsome than Chris Evans and he's from Canada? Sounds pretty made-up," said Daslie.

"Well, don't say that," said Mrs. Nine-Seven as she glanced at her daughter. "What does he look like?"

"Uhh..." blanked Richard as he fumbled with the tablecloth. "He's... like, yea high... curly hair... pretty face— Uh, no! Well, yes..? He's got... either green or hazel eyes... and, like... he's got glasses... um..." Everyone was staring at him now, and Richard felt his face flush in embarrassment.