Cliches to Avoid

1. The happily ever after

All of the characters in your book live happily ever, with no hardships to bear. The hero defeats his foes and all of the plot twists are nicely tied up - perhaps a little unrealistically. Real life isn't perfect, so make sure that your book stays in the realm of realism.

2. The drawn-out dream

The drawn-out dream ending involves the main character waking up safe and sound in their bed, realizing that the entire plot has just been a dream. This type of ending typically annoys readers, who feel that the author has copped out.

3. The guilty hero's monologue

When the hero finally defeats the bad guy or force, the reader is privy to her internal thoughts of regret or remorse. The monologue is supposed to show the character's guilt at what she's had to do and how it's eating away at her. Even though the ending is happy, our hero must now live with the blood on her hands.

4. The lover's life

This is a special twist on the happily ever after ending, in which the main character falls in love, sometimes for an unexplained or random reason. It shows that true love makes the world go 'round and that all that happened in the course of the story was worth it. Unrealistic endings tend to annoy readers. If a love interest is too sudden, it isn't all that real. If it is unexplained, it leaves your characters lacking depth. The truth is that not everyone falls in love and lives happily ever after. The best endings are unique, somewhat realistic, and really make your readers think.

__________________________

A/N: Well i think the one thing that annoying the heck outta me is when the main character wakes up and realises that 'Oh My God! It was just a Dreamm!' And I am like I wasted my time reading someone's stupid dream! -___-

It's been a while since I last posted. But now I have!

Love ya! x x

Vote and Comment! :)