CHAPTER 13

Chapter 13

Pagkadating namin sa bahay ay dumiretso na agad ako sa ospital kung saan naroon si Mang Jun. Mabuti na lamang at hindi ganoong kagrabe ang natamo niyang pinsala kaya matapos ang ilang tests ay pinayagan na rin siyang lumabas ng doktor although he was advised to have some rest for a couple of days.

JP was with me all through the night from going to the hospital to heading back home. I told him not to bother himself dahil alam kong pagod din siya but knowing him, he always insist doing what he wanted to do.

Nakakahiya man na pagkatapos naming magtalo ay nagawa ko pang magpahatid sa kanya sa bahay at magpasama sa ospital. Needless to say, I did really appreciate that. But that was all just that.

Tonight will be our last time together. Together. It feels weird to use such word to describe us. It's like I want it to describe our relationship, more than just the work we shared that finally ends tonight.

Well that's the reality of it. Nothing special connects JP and I, kundi trabaho. And the moment it ends, babye na siguro kami sa isa't isa.

Mas mabuti na nga iyon at nang hindi na namin kailangang magpanggap ni Jarred kung sakali. Mukha pa namang may namumuong espesyal na pagtitinginan sa kanilang dalawa ni Rich and I don't to interfere that by using Jah in my so-called 'amnesia act'.

-----

It's been a week already since our last photo shoot and the release of the magazine for next month's issue will be next week, first week of the month. I was invited by Mrs. Chan in behalf of the whole staff to attend the thanksgiving party that they threw for me.

Well, every month they throw a party to celebrate the monthly success of the magazine and to congratulate and thank everybody who contributed on such peak.

I invited Jarred and Rich over but only Jah was able to come. Ewan ko ba kay Rich but she'd been acting a little weird this past few days. Haist. Because I'm too busy, I'm losing time for my friends. Hay, bahala na nga. I'll just try to make it up to them, especially Rich.

Jarred managed to bring his car and picked me from home. Gwapong-gwapo ito sa suot na white tuxedo. You would probably think he's a model on his look tonight. Not to mention his height and the alluring features of his face.

"You look dazzling in that red gown.", he revealed. Well, I personally chose this gown because it would be perfect for tonight's event. It's a strapless red gown which reveals a little cleavage and totally exposes my back. I was quite hesitant to wear this but I knew it would make me look fine though. Komportable naman ako dahil alam kong hindi naman kabastos-bastos ang hitsura ko dito. And by the way, I designed this one and was actually one of my newest collections.

"You look good too Jah.", I smiled as I returned the praise to him.

"So, shall we?", nagbibiro niyang inilahad ang kamay para akayin ako papasok ng sasakyan. Marahan ko itong hinampas sa braso saka natatawang inabot ang naghihintay nitong kamay.

"Let's go.", and the car moved forward.

-----

In a few minutes ay nakarating kami ni Jah sa hotel na pagdadausan ng nasabing event. Exclusive ang party na ito para sa staffs, ilang invited guests at selected media.

Binati ko ang mga kakilala ko nang staffs and you can see by how they look na nanunuya sila now that I'm with Jarred. Pinandidilatan ko na lamang sila para hindi na magtanong.

We roamed around to look for Mrs. Chan and after some time ay natagpuan din namin siya. But I was astonished when I saw JP in Mrs. Chan's group.

And he's tightly wrapping his hands around that girl's waist. There he was, with Lorraine.