3MGF (Final)

"This is nice," said Lisa.

The man at the table next to her looked at her weirdly before pulling his coffee closer to himself.

Lisa shrugged. Right, no talking out loud to myself in public, she thought, so I'll just think, I guess. She looked down at her own iced tea and ran a finger down the glass, collecting the condensation on her finger. 

Cafés were nice places, she had to admit as she looked out the window to see people walking by. She should definitely come more often, get out of the house for a little while. She sipped on her drink, enjoying the cool feeling running down her throat. 

Such peace and quiet. No fear, no anxiety. 

Best of all, no more of that stupid 3 Minute Girlfriend 2.0 business.

"I really have to write a letter of complaint," she said thoughtfully, drawing circles on the table with the water from the glass. "That stuff was dangerous."

There was a squeak and Lisa looked up to see the coffee man hurrying away, not before throwing her a judgmental glance over his shoulder. 

"Oops," she said. "Okay. No talking to myself."

But then who would she talk to? Lisa sighed, eyeing the empty chair across from her. This was why she didn't go out, she remembered. Because it was awkward and sad and it would always remind her of how lonely she was. Wiping the water from the table with the sleeve of her hoodie, Lisa pulled the hood over her head and slumped over the table.

"I want a girlfriend," she mumbled into the wood patterns.

She stayed like that for a while as she mentally ran through the past couple of days. It was mostly good, honestly; all things aside, Jennie, in whatever guise she was in, was undoubtedly the hottest girl Lisa had ever met, fake or real. If she hadn't been crazy, it would have been great.

But, no, thought Lisa, wrapping her arms around herself as she felt a sudden chill, even if relationships took work and dedication and understanding, one week with Jennie was more than enough, thank you very much.

Never again.

There was a quiet cough, and someone said, "Is this seat taken?" 

In the back of her mind, Lisa knew it was socially conventional for her to sit up and smile and say, "No, please have a seat!"

But she was sad, it had been a really exhausting week, so she shrugged half-heartedly, head still on the table, and said something like, "Nah."

"Thanks," said the voice. There was a clink and the faint scent of coffee wafted into Lisa's nose. "Oh, I'm so sorry! Some of my coffee got onto your hood and—"

Lisa sat up slowly, feeling her head for dampness. "It's fine," she said. Then she stopped. And stared.

"L-Lisa?"

"Jennie?!" Lisa pushed her chair back. "I thought I microw—"

"This isn't happening!" Lisa stood up so suddenly she nearly knocked over her drink. Catching it just in time, she righted it as she frantically picked up her things. "I microwaved the manual, I swear, I did, you're not supposed to be here, oh god —"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you, it wasn't even my bat, I just found it on the street, I'm so sorry—"

Something clicked when Lisa heard Jennie's stream of words and she paused in her packing.

"What did you just say?"

"I'm sorry!"

"No, before that. What bat?"