3MGF (2.0) [Part 4]

After that revelation about Writer Lisa's note taking habits, Jennie went home and burned the 3 Minute Girlfriend 2.0 kit.

Or, at least, that's what Jennie wanted to be able to say. Unfortunately, she had to be very honest with herself.

She was, first and foremost, desperate for a girlfriend. Secondly, Lisa was, like, super hot. Thirdly, Jennie never gave up on anything halfway — those past three girlfriends were the only exceptions — and fourth, lastly: that brief glimpse into Lisa's notes had made Jennie a little...curious.

Which was why she was tapping her feet nervously in front of the microwave, waiting for the One Night Stand girlfriend pack to be done.

Of course, Jennie had considered all the ethical and moral issues of using this particular pack. That's why she was only doing it now, halfway into the afternoon. She had spent the whole morning debating furiously with herself and in the end, the "curious" part of her had finally won out.

What? She was human!

Jennie eyed the timer as it dropped down to 0:21. She took a deep breath, checked her nails quickly, and went to stand by the door. The moment the microwave beeped, the doorbell also rang, and Jennie opened the door immediately.

This Lisa was dressed in a loose plaid shirt and sweatpants, her hair tied up in a messy bun.

Jennie gasped at the sight. "Li—"

Then Lisa looked up with dead eyes and held out a small bundle. Instinctively, Jennie reached out for it in her confusion. It was heavy, she realized, and warm, and soft, and when she cautiously pulled back some of the soft cloth, oh. It was a tiny baby.

"This is your son," said Lisa seriously.

Jennie stared down at the tiny baby, then back at Lisa. "What?" She managed.

"Remember me?" Lisa's exhausted eyes held Jennie in place. "We spent that night together at the beach."

What the fuck was happening?

"This is your son. Our son."

Hold on a second, thought Jennie. Hold on a fucking second. We're both girls. Neither of us...this isn't even possible. And what the heck, why does all the fun happen before I meet you people, every single time!

Jennie was about to convey her thoughts indignantly and disbelievingly when there was a small sound coming from the bundle. She looked down just in time to see the baby yawning in a tiny way, and in that moment, something became apparent to her.

She looked again, just to make sure, but there was no denying it. The way the baby's eyes curved into a graceful point at the bridge of his nose...there was no way around it. Those were Jennie's eyes.

And his small baby lips with their curl at the edges were very, very clearly — Jennie's eyes flickered to Lisa's face — yeah, those were Lisa's lips.

"What the fuck," whispered Jennie.

She nearly dropped the baby as Lisa gave her a huge slap on the arm. "Language! He can hear you!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Jennie cowered against her door frame, still clutching the baby to her chest. "Please don't hit me again."

"I need to use your bathroom."

"It's just down the hall."

"Hold this."

Once again, Jennie nearly dropped the baby when Lisa dumped a huge bag at her feet. "W-What is it?"

Lisa kicked her shoes off and stalked into the apartment. "What do you think? Close the door. He'll get cold."

In a daze, Jennie did as she was told. She awkwardly moved the bag inside the house with her feet before carefully closing the door, all while keeping the baby securely in her arms.