Corpse Bride

She's married to a freaking corpse. A freaking cadaver!!

If this had been some type of dream, Lisa would be all for it because she freaking loves anything Halloween.

But no, this is not a dream. It's a wicked reality.

In all honesty, Lisa thought that this kind of stuff happens in only movies. The Corpse Bride was made by using clay figures so how the hell was she supposed to know that the fantasy was not just some kiddy movie.

So, when Lisa, for some apparent reason found herself taking a shortcut through the dark trees instead of the usual route, she found herself running into an arm shaped branch.

And of course, the vows from the movie just had to come to mind. The dark gloomy environment around wasn't even scary, because at the moment, all the horrific things that could go down only occurred in horror movies.

Anyways, back to her freaking marriage.

How was she supposed to know that citing the vows and slipping her ring onto the arm shaped branch, a goddamn corpse -- bride corpse -- who was oddly attractive in a deadly way --- would come rising from the ground, answering I do.

And that's how Lisa found herself being pulled into the underworld along with a bunch of dead -- yet extremely nice -- people.

The corpse next to her was talking about taking ecstasy back in the seventies at a rave of some sort, which led him down here. She honestly could care less.

Good thing she doesn't keep herself updated with her family constantly - wait a minute - then wouldn't that mean her past relatives would be here too?

But that's a story for another time if she is to stay here forever with her freaking corpse wife.

"Lisa baby, oh there you are!"

Speak of the devil.

"Hey."

"You don't look well."

"Try being a non dead person hanging out with the actual dead."

"True. Do you want to go lay down?"

"Jennie.."

Her corpse wife looks at her and she tries to ignore the pale grey colour of her skin and focus on the sweet smile.

"I want to go home."

"We will, and you can take a rest."

"No, I want to go back upstairs to my real home." Maybe that was a bit harsh because she can see the hurt in the other's eyes. "Look, you're a nice lady and all but the last thing I want to do is get married when I haven't even," lived  "explored enough."

"But you said your vows."

Lisa tries not to get heated up because although Jennie is dead, she still has a heart (albeit non-beating) that can be broken.

"I did, but in all honesty, how was I supposed to know it would get me married and get dragged down here?"

"Because I obviously can't live up there."

"And I can't live down here."

"D- do you hate me?" Jennie asks in a soft voice and Lisa barely caught it because man, dead people are louder than the living.

"I don't hate you. I just don't really know you in general."

"Is there someone else?"

"Uh, no."