Chapter 1

Ben lets himself fall face-first onto the mattress as soon as he is in his hotel room. Today was an exhausting day. There were some scenes scheduled early in the morning. Because they are on such a tight schedule, they had an entire filming day after that. Gwilym, one of his fellow co-stars, suggested that the four lead actors should go out for dinner together. Ben didn't want to eat all by himself in his hotel room, so he agreed. It was like he forgot for a moment that Joe was coming as well. Ben and Joe met on the first day of rehearsals. From that day on, Ben knew that this was going to be a hard and long filming period. Joe was everything Ben looked for in a partner. Joe always manages to crack everyone up. Ben can't imagine that there is anyone in the cast or crew that doesn't adore Joe. The problem is that this man didn't seem to have any flaws. With every day Ben felt like his crush on Joe only grew bigger and bigger. He was just too scared to admit it. They had a good friendship. Ben was scared that it would be ruined if he would ask Joe on a date.

Gwilym is the only one that noticed that Ben was acting differently around Joe. He asked Ben countless times what was going on until Ben finally gave in. Since that day, Gwilym has been trying to set Ben up for a date with Joe. Every time he came with a new idea, Ben politely dismissed it. Ben is pulled out of his thoughts by a knock on the door.
"It's open," He yells. Not bothering to stand up himself. He knows it's probably Gwilym anyways. The door opens and Joe steps in. Ben turns his head to see who it is. When he sees Joe walk in he quickly sits up.
"Were you sleeping?" Joe asks. Ben shakes his head. He quickly lets his hand run through his hair, hoping to fix it at least a little.
"You left your phone in my car," Joe says. He throws the phone towards Ben, who manages to catch it.
"Oh, I didn't even notice. Thanks, mate," Ben says while putting the phone down onto his nightstand. Joe smiles at him while he leans against the wall.

"Ready for the I want to break free shoot tomorrow?" Joe asks. Ben immediately shakes his head.
"Not really. That outfit is still scaring me, you know," Ben says. He thinks about the tiny skirt he has to wear. Even though it isn't even that revealing, it feels weird.
"I'm so totally ready. I can't wait to get into my granny outfit. I just have to be grumpy all day. Easy thing to do," Joe jokes. Ben can't help but laugh.
"Yeah, I bet you will be amazing at that," Ben says. Joe crosses his arms over each other while he pouts.
"That's rude," He mumbles.

"Anyways, I should probably go. You look exhausted," Joe says. One part of Ben wants to say that he can stay longer. The other part of him really wants to sleep.
"Yeah, I am. I hate getting up early," Ben admits. Joe chuckles.
"Get used to it. Next week we have to get up at four o'clock," Joe says. Ben groans softly.
"I will probably sleep through every single alarm clock I own," Ben says. Joe chuckles.
"I will knock on your door until you open," Joe says. Ben nods slowly.
"Not a bad idea. Or I just give you my room key and you can come in and wake me up," Ben says before he can even think about it. Joe shrugs.
"Whatever you want," Joe says. Ben laughs nervously.

Joe shoots Ben a smile.
"Goodnight, Ben," Joe says.
"Goodnight, Joe," Ben repeats. Joe chuckles before turning around to leave the room. Once the door closes behind him, Ben lets himself fall onto his bed. His heart is pounding out of his chest. Ben is trying his very best to calm himself down. He gets up from his bed to quickly rush through his nighttime routine, hoping that it will distract him enough.

As soon as Joe closed the door behind him, he let out a deep breath. He quickly makes his way over to his own room. When he saw Ben's phone in his car, he cursed under his breath. This meant that he had to go to Ben's room to hand it to him. It isn't often that he and Ben are alone together. Most of the time their two co-stars Rami and Gwilym are with them. The four of them are inseparable. Every time Joe and Ben are alone, Joe's palms get sweaty. Sometimes it takes a lot of self-control to not rush forward and crash his lips against Ben. He wants to do it, but he knows he needs to keep himself under control. Joe isn't sure why he thinks he even has a chance with Ben. He probably is as straight as anyone can be. Besides, why would Ben ever fall for someone like Joe? Ben works out four days a week and has the most perfect six-pack Joe has ever seen. He has a beautiful symmetric face. His blonde hair is just gorgeous. Even a few minutes ago, when Ben had been laying in bed, his hair looked beautiful just the way it sat on top of his head. The thing Joe most liked about his looks is his green eyes. They always twinkle when Ben is excited or sees something he likes.

Joe shakes his head to himself while he opens his hotel room door. He doesn't have a chance anyway. He sits down on his bed while he grabs his phone. Answering fan's dms is always a good way to distract him. So, that is exactly what he does. He loves to see the lovely messages fans sent him. Most of them always manage to paint a smile on his lips. It takes him almost two hours before he finally manages to get up from the bed to do his nighttime routine. He falls asleep not much later, dreaming of a life with Ben.

*********
Hey guys,

I hope you liked the official first chapter of this new fanfic! Let me know!

Take good care of yourself. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe