Chapter 8

"Hey, mate. We are going out for dinner tonight. I don't know if you feel like joining us, but if you do, you're welcome to come," Gwil says. Joe smiles at him.
"I'd love to tag along," He says.
"Okay, good. I'll be driving. So, meet us at the entrance around 7 tonight," Gwil says.
"Copy that," Joe jokingly says. He wanders off to his room. For the last few days he has felt extremely tired. As soon as he is in his room, he lays down on his bed. He manages to fall asleep almost immediately.

Rami, Gwil and Ben had been waiting for Joe for almost twenty minutes, but when there was no sign of him, Ben offered to go look for him. Joe had given Ben the key to his hotel room a few days prior. When there was no response to Ben knocking on the door, Ben used the key to open the door.

He found Joe laying on his stomach on the bed. He appeared to be in a deep slumber. Ben catches himself staring at Joe longer than necessary. He debates whether he should wake Joe or not. One side of him tells him that he needs to leave so Joe can catch his much-needed rest. On the other side, he knows Joe will feel really disappointed once he realises they went without him.

Ben sits down on the bed next to Joe. He smiles at the peaceful look on Joe's face. As gently as he can, he brushes his fingers through Joe's hair. His fingers brush over Joe's forehead while he does that. He moves his hand to Joe's cheek, softly caressing the skin underneath his fingertips. Joe stirs under his touch. Ben continues his actions until Joe opens his eyes.
"Hey, sleepyhead," Ben says while Joe looks at him confused.
"Do you still want to go to the restaurant with Gwil and Rami? Or do you want to sleep some more?" Ben asks. Joe sits up, looking around his hotel room. 
"How- oh I must have forgotten to set an alarm. I'll be in the lobby in a few minutes," Joe says. Ben nods and stands up to leave the room. He makes his way down to the lobby to tell Gwil and Rami that Joe will be there any minute.

After they came back from the restaurant, Joe and Ben walk back to their floor. They arrive at Ben's room first and they say their goodbyes. When the door of Ben's door is almost closed, Joe calls out his name.
"I'm ready to go on a date," Joe says. Ben raises his eyebrows while his smile forms itself on his lip.
"That's amazing. How about Friday evening? We can go out to eat something and then we can do whatever we want after," Ben says. Joe smiles widely.
"I'd love that,"

When Joe woke up to Ben gently trying to wake him, he knew that he was ready to go on a date. In fact, he wanted nothing more than to be together with Ben.
"Goodnight," Joe says. Ben grabs Joe's hand in his own. He brings it up to his mouth to place a small kiss on the back of Joe's hand.
"Goodnight," Ben says, a cheeky smile on his lip. Joe laughs softly while shakings his head. Ben watches him walk away.

That Friday Ben woke up with an aching feeling in his stomach. He knew he wanted to go on a date with Joe. Suddenly he regrets asking him out. Joe looked less nervous in Ben's opinion. As a matter of fact, Joe didn't look nervous at all. This was far from the truth. Joe was as nervous as Ben was. He just did a very good job at hiding it. He couldn't believe his ears when Ben asked him out. It almost felt like every worry that he ever has suddenly disappeared. He doesn't have to live with this crush forever.

How desperately Gwil had tried to play matchmaker how oblivious he was to the nerves that were clearly running through both Ben and Joe. It didn't escape Lucy's notice. She started to feel like something was up when Ben didn't say a word during breakfast. Not that Ben was much of a morning person. Nevertheless, would he engage in the conversations they were having. Next, she noticed the fact that Joe kept dropping stuff. First was his phone, followed by his fork and then his phone again. When they were in the cab Lucy sat next to Ben in the backseat. Ben was biting his nails. She had only seen him do that when he was scared of meeting Brian and Roger.

Lucy was convinced that the fact that both Ben and Joe were nervous was related. So, when she was alone with Joe, she leaned in to say: "Have fun on your date tonight." Joe's eyes widened before leaning in as well.
"How do you know that?" Joe asks. A smirk creeps on Lucy's lips.
"Maz, it's obvious. The two of you are both so nervous. Don't make it scarier than it is, Ben really likes you," Lucy says. Joe shakes his head.
"Please don't tell anyone, okay? I don't want anyone nagging us if this doesn't work out."
"I cross my heart." Lucy winks before walking away, leaving a stunned Joe behind.

Next up was Ben. She walked to his trailer when neither of them was in the scene they were now shooting. She knocked on the door.
"Come in." Lucy finds Ben sitting on the couch with his phone in his hand.
"Hey, Luc. What brings you here?" Ben asks. Lucy and Ben could get along fine but weren't as close as the others in the cast were.
"Oh, I just wanted to wish you fun on your date tonight." Ben frowns.
"I don't have a date tonight," Ben - too quickly - says. Lucy smirks.
"Don't play dumb, Benny. I know you have a date with Joe tonight." The frown on Ben's face deepens.
"Did he tell you?"
"No, he did not. It's kind of obvious. You are both acting so nervous today," Lucy explains.
"I'm so nervous," Ben groans.
"You don't have to be. Joe really likes you." Ben smiles.
"I hope so. I really like him."
"Have fun," Lucy says. She shoots Ben a wink before leaving his trailer.

**********