Chapter 19

Joe quickly learns that Rami and Lucy made up the next day. Lucy invited both Ben and Joe to eat dinner with them. As soon as Joe knocks, Rami opens the door. 
"Hi, everything good?" Joe asks. Rami smiles at him.
"Everything good. Come in," Rami says before stepping aside. Lucy walks out of the kitchen the moment Joe steps inside.
"Miss Boynton, how are you?" Joe dramatically asks while giving her a big hug.
"I'm good. How are you?" 
"Doing amazing," Joe says. He steps aside so Ben can give Lucy a hug too. 

When they are eating dinner later that evening, they are recalling several memories from filming.
"I remember the first time I got to meet Brian and Roger. They had already been to set several times. You guys were somewhat comfortable around them. I was scared shitfaced." Lucy says. Rami smiles at her.
"That was the day before our first date, wasn't it?" Rami asks. Lucy's lip corners curl up.
"Yes, it was. I was really glad it wasn't in the same way. I think I would have burst from nerves if I had to meet Brian and Roger on the same day as going on a date with you."
"Am I that scary?" Rami asks while a smirk creeps on his face.
"Kinda," Lucy says before shooting Rami a wink. Joe just smiles at them, happy that they made up.

A week later, Ben and Joe are cuddled up on the couch. Ben pauses the movie when he feels the phone in his pocket starting to vibrate. He takes it out to see Gwil's name written on his screen.
"Hi, Gwil. You're on speakerphone," Ben says while he puts the phone on speaker.
"Hi, guys. How are you doing?" Gwil asks.
"We are doing amazing. How about you? Do you miss us?" Joe asks. He can hear Gwil chuckle on the other side of the line.
"Of course I miss you. Next week I have to be in New York for a few days. Is there any way I could stay with you?" Ben looks at Joe. When Joe nods he confirms Gwil's idea.
"Always, mate. It'll be good to see you again."

That is why a week later, Joe and Ben are waiting at the airport to pick Gwil up.
"I haven't seen Gwil in over three months. I'm excited to see him again," Joe says.
"Yeah, me too." The doors open and Gwil is one of the first to walk out. His eyes scan all the people in the terminal before he sees Joe and Ben. He smiles before making his way over. As soon as he is close, he opens his arms. Joe is the first one to run forward. He wraps his arm around Gwil.
"It's so great to see you again," Joe says. 
"Likewise. Shame your perm is gone, mate," Gwil says while ruffling his hand through Joe's hair.
"Hey, Joe. Did you know perm stood for permanent?" Ben asks. Joe shoots him a glare.
"Oh, you shut it," Joe says. 

Ben steps forward to give Gwil a hug.
"Did you have a good flight?" Ben asks. Gwil hums.
"It always surprises me how long these flights are. I'm glad to finally be here."
"We are glad you are here as well. We really missed you," Joe says. Gwil smiles.
"You guys moved away so quickly. Suddenly I was left all alone in England," Gwil says.

Later that evening they are sitting at the kitchen table.
"I don't think you even told us why you are in New York," Ben says.
"I have two auditions on Tuesday and I have a meeting with a casting agent on Thursday. I also promised Rami to stop by," Gwil summarizes. He takes a sip of his drink while he looks at Ben and Joe.
"We can go out to eat with the five of us? A cast reunion?" Joe suggests.
"Sounds fun to me," Ben says. Gwil just hums.

"How have you two been?" Gwil asks.
"I have been doing amazing. I got down to the last five candidates for a new project. And I have been together with this guy," Joe says while pointing to Ben.
"That is what I wanted to ask. How long have you been together? I was thinking about it the other day but couldn't quite remember."
"Almost one and a half years," Ben says while he looks at Joe with a big smile on his face. Gwil's mouth falls open.
"Really? Is it that long ago?" Ben hums.
"Time really has flown by."

While watching a movie, Gwil's eyes kept closing. He was struggling very hard to stay awake. As soon as the movie ends Gwil gets up from the couch. Afraid that he will fall asleep if he stays seated.
"I'll show you the guest bedroom," Joe says before getting up. Gwil grabs his suitcase from the corner of the room before following Joe. 
"It's a little bit of a mess, but we didn't have enough time to clean everything," Joe explains while he opens the door.
"No problem. I'm already happy I can stay here," Gwil says. 
"If you need anything, just come to our room. Or help yourself if you know where to find it."
"Thanks, mate."

Ben is already in bed when Joe walks into their bedroom. 
"Hurry up, I need my cuddles," Ben says. Joe chuckles before disappearing into the bathroom to do his nighttime routine. Once he crawls into bed, Ben is immediately latched onto him. Joe rubs his hand over Ben's back.
"Everything alright?" Ben hums.
"Just really want cuddles." 
"Oh, well in that case," Joe says while tightening his grip around Ben. 
"I love you," Ben says while placing his chin on Joe's chest so he can look at his face.
"I love you too," Joe says.

************

Hey guys,

Drama is coming in a few chapters! Be ready!

Take good care of yourself and others. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe