Chapter 21

When Lucy opens the door, she is met by Joe who has tears streaming down his face. He is shaking badly. 
"Joe? What is going on?" She asks while tears are welling up in her own eyes.
"He- and- and- sorry," Joe says while more tears stream down his face.
"Come inside," Lucy says while placing a hand on Joe's back. 
"Rami?" Lucy yells as soon as they are inside. Rami had heard the front door opening and came rushing out of his office immediately. His smile drops when he sees Joe's state.

"Hey, Joey. Come here," Rami says while opening his arms. Joe lets himself be embraced by Rami. He crooks his face into Rami's neck while more sobs rip through his body. Rami rubs his hand over Joe's back. His gaze crosses with Lucy's. 
"What is going on?" Rami asks while pulling back a little bit.
"Ben- he- he-," Joe swallows hard.
"Sorry," He mumbles.
"It's alright. Take your time," Rami says. He gently guides Joe towards the couch. 
"Ben cheated." Rami's eyes widen.
"Ben cheated?" Joe nods. Rami lets his hand run over his face. 
"With who?" Lucy asks.
"Gwil," Joe whispers. Rami shakes his head. His eyes are still wide open.
"How did you find out?" Rami asks. Joe takes another shaky breath.
"Walked in on them making out," Joe says. 

Another wall of tears washes over Joe. Rami wraps his arm around him once more.
"I'm so sorry this has happened, Joe," Rami says.
"Can I stay here for a few?" Joe asks in between hiccups. 
"Of course, you can," Rami says without thinking about it. 
"Thanks. You guys are too sweet," Joe says. 

The next morning, Rami lets Joe borrow his car to get all his stuff. The night before Rami emptied out a part of his garage so Joe can store all his belongings. Joe didn't want anyone to come with him. 
"What do you think happened?" Lucy asks while sitting down next to Rami on the couch.
"I don't know, but I can't imagine that Ben would just cheat on Joe. He was obsessed with Joe. He loved him to death. I think I am going to stop by later today to see how he is doing," Rami says.
"Should I cook for an extra person tonight? I don't how well Ben is doing, but he might not care for himself enough," Lucy says. Rami smiles at her.
"That would be wonderful. Then I can stop by after dinner." They stop talking when they hear the car pull into the driveway.

When Ben comes home he immediately notices a difference. Joe took his time to make sure he got everything that was his. While letting his eyes glide over the living room, his eyes land on the kitchen table. The letter he wrote is torn in pieces, clearly not read. He takes a shaky breath while gathering all the pieces. He opens an empty drawer before placing everything in it. Ben walks over to the bedroom before letting himself fall onto the bed.  Joe's side of the closet is open and completely emptied out, just like his nightstand. 

Ben feels another stream of tears wash over him. He doesn't hear the front door opening. It takes a few minutes before there is a knock on the bedroom door.
"Ben, can I come in?" A voice comes through the door. Ben quickly brushes his tears away. The door opens and Rami steps in. He shoots Ben a sad smile.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Ben shakes his head. Rami sits down on the other side of the bed. Joe's side.
"I'd have offered for you to stay at our place for a few days. But Joe is already at our house. I did bring you some leftovers from dinner. Shall I warm them up and bring them here?" Ben shrugs. Rami gets up to get the food.

Ben hasn't moved when Rami comes back in. Rami places the plate and a bottle of water on Ben's nightstand. 
"I know you don't feel like it but please eat at least a few bites." Ben grabs the fork before putting some food on it. After putting it in his mouth, he takes forever to chew. He feels Rami's stare on him and takes a few more bites. 
"Is there anything I can do for you?" Ben shakes his head. 
"Just know that whenever you need me, call me. I'll be with you as soon as I can. Even if it is in the middle of the night. I am here for you," Rami says. Ben shoots him a very forced smile.
"Do you want me to stay?" Ben shook his head. 
"Please eat a little more. I'll be back tomorrow to bring some more food," Rami says.

When Rami came home, Lucy was sitting on the couch with Joe. 
"How are you holding up?" Rami asks. Joe shrugs.
"Alright, I guess. This isn't the first time," Joe says. Rami raises an eyebrow.
"My last girlfriend also cheated on me. Also with my best friend," Joe says. Rami nods slowly.
"That doesn't mean this one is any easier. You can always just talk to me if you want to," Rami says.
"I know. Thanks, Rams. I'm already glad I can stay here."

Later that evening Lucy is laying next to Rami in bed. 
"How is Ben holding up?" Lucy asks.
"Not good. He hasn't said a word while I was there. He refused to leave his bed and only ate two or three bites." Rami rubs his hand over his face.
"Should I stay with him for a few days?" Lucy asks Rami shakes his head.
"I don't think that is necessary. I'll cook tomorrow and I'll bring some to him," Rami says.

They continue talking until they are both too tired to continue.
"Goodnight, sweetheart," Rami says while connecting his lips with Lucy's.
"Goodnight, honey." Lucy cuddles up in Rami's chest while Rami turns the light off.

************