Chapter 32: A Walk At Night

I was walking back from buying snacks. It was night which I liked. I didn't like going outside during the day. So many people... My hatred for the outside grew stronger after Kamino. After all this time, people still stare at me and whisper.

"That's him."

"That's him?!"

"Did you hear how powerful he is? He's like a one-guy army."

I was listening to music so I didn't hear the guy call for me.

"I was talking to you." He snatched one of my earbuds out of my ear. I turned to face him. Purple burns all over him. Stitches everywhere. My eyes widened. I was in shock.

"D-Da-..." I couldn't finish. It was Dabi. The most powerful member of the League of Villains. Why was he holding my earbud? How did he find me?

"Hi, Ayatsuru." He said. He was so calm.

"What- What do you want?" I asked.

"So the lady did it again..." He muttered. I was barely able to hear him. I got enough courage to finally melt the ice around me.

"Get away from me. And give me back my earbud." I snatched the earbud and shoved it back in my ear. Then I continued to the dorms.

"I wasn't done talking." He said louder than my music this time and grabbed my wrist. "Me and you need to speak about your future." He took out my earbud again and whispered in my ear. "What do you want to be? A hero or a villain?"

"A hero. What else?" I grumpily said. "What were you expecting?"

"You hate heroes. No way would you become one." What was he on about? Why would I hate heroes?

"You know nothing about me." I said. I turned away again.

"You told me that yourself. When we met." Dabi said. I turned to look at him.

"You and I have never met until now. Wait no... We met another time. When you and knife girl kidnapped me and All For One had me fight All Might. Go back to Tomura. I don't want to deal with the League." I turned away one last time. I deafened Dabi out with my music and continued to walk to the dorms. I didn't know if he was following me or not so I took the long way until I felt as if he was off me.

As I was walking, I felt footsteps behind me.

"God damn it." I thought. "He's still following me."

"You want me to what?" I said. I paused my music and pretended as if I was on the phone with my trainer and that he wanted me to do something. "I've already told you I'm walking home. I don't want to train right now... Ugh... In the middle of the street?!... Fine, okay... Just let me unplug my earbuds."

I shoved my earbuds in my pocket and took out my phone and put it against my ear.

"Does it matter what type?" I asked the "trainer" now directly from my phone. After some silence, I summoned an Umon. It was a normal one. The thing is, I didn't summon it for my "trainer." I summoned it to protect myself from my stalker without doing anything. It was late at night and I was tired. The Umon stared at the person behind me, obviously hinting that if they try anything, he will kill them.

"Woah, you wouldn't send one on me, would you?" The person from behind frantically said. I recognized the voice and my mind and body eased.

"I wouldn't but don't test me. And by testing, I mean silently walking up behind me." I said and then turned around. It was Momo. "Why did you take the long way, anyway?"

"I wanted to enjoy the scenery. It's always lovely at night. Why did you take the long way?" Momo spoke while walking towards me. My Umon had settled down and had walked behind her. Welcoming her close to me and protecting me and her from any stranger around.