Chapter 108: Monster

"King Mosura!" A man burst in.

"Yes, Hiroshi?" He responded.

"All the sheep have been slaughtered!" Hiroshi said.

"What...? Get me Prince Orochi." King Mosura demanded. Guards threw Orochi in front of the throne.

"What is it, Father?" He asked.

"How dare you touch the livestock! Go to the church and repent!" He screamed. I was taken out of the throne room and into the church where Orochi was beaten and humiliated.

"Let us release the demon inside our prince! Shall he thrive with purity and richness in him!"

"I hate it!" Orochi burst into Koki's room. She had become very beautiful after becoming princess. Wearing makeup and silky kimonos with beautiful prints. She resembled Eiba in a way.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Father's hatred for me has grown ever since he took the throne. Every inconvenience he just blames on me instead of actually fixing it!" Koki turned her head from the mirror to look at him.

"But you did kill the sheep. I saw it." Orochi's face was pretty scary to look at.

"I did no such thing! I can't believe you're taking his side!" He yelled.

"Wipe your face." She said. Orochi did so and noticed blood on his hand. He glared at Koki before leaving. What was happening to him? Why was I still seeing these people? If this is Mother or someone telling me I'm cursed, yeah, I got it by now.

Months after, I heard the sound of panic. People yelling, running, grabbing things.

"The king! The king!" A woman yelled. In the throne room, the queen was crying while Koki stood with shock. King Mosura had been beheaded but only his body was there. In the space where his head was supposed to be was a note.

"You aren't a king." Signed with an insignia. It resembled a moth but its wings were crooked and the antennae were bent.

"Where's Orochi?" The queen asked at the funeral. "He should be here."

"Maybe he's at the church." Koki suggested. Days later, the queen died as well. It was by her own hands but everyone thought it was of a broken heart. That meant only Koki and Orochi were the only candidates.

"A queen ruling? No one's heard of it."

"Orochi is... Strange but he's the best we have. We'd be looked at differently if we had a queen in charge."

"If it were up to me, we'd have Koki. That monster being king is a joke."

"Everyone's saying you should be the ruler." Koki told Orochi.

"Why? No one likes me." He said.

"Apparently a queen being the leader isn't ideal." She frowned. Orochi was then crowned king.

"This life is a lot different than being the child of clothes makers." He said to himself. " ... I'm king now."

He became horrible after this. Killing innocent people who judged him, and even burning down the church with all the relegious people inside. Koki married a man, but most of their children had been miscarriages. I learned Orochi was the cause of that. Plus, both of his parents' deaths and King Hayashi's. He didn't want competition. He wanted to stay king for however long he lived. He killed many other kings, even using his "curse" on them. Controlling them and making them silently relinquish their kingdoms to him. He was worse than a tyrant. Finally, I learned who Orochi was. He was the original user of my quirk. He was the evil that festered inside me.