Chapter 72: Boiling Point

"I've lost track of how many times you've been in this situation." Tsukauchi said to me.

"Just read me my rights and get on with it." I said.

"Just what the hell were you doing?!" Dad blurted.

"No comment." I played.

"Yatsu, just answer the question." Eiba said, unamused.

"Isn't it my right to refuse a question? Can I get a lawyer?" I was honestly just dicking around. I didn't want to be here.

"Ayatsuru." Dad sounded angry and it was a little terrifying.

"Okay, okay... What was the question again?" Dad and Eiba glared in my direction.

"Mom's outside." Eiba said. If Dad's tone wasn't scary, knowing Mother was listening in definitely was.

"I was looking for All For One. I already told you that."

"And why do you want to find him?" Endeavor asked.

"Because he needs to be stopped and I'm the only one who can." Dad sighed.

"Not this again." He said as he put his hand on his forehead. "Me and your mother have told you that you aren't ready. Just because you have the potential, doesn't mean you can do it now. You haven't been able to fully harness One For All and if you do, you will die. We had this discussion, what are you not understanding?"

"Why don't you believe in me?" I looked at him. I'm strong, I can do this. Why won't they get that?

"We do. We all do. It's just we need a plan. What will you do when you find him? What will you do when he takes away your quirks again? We just don't want your possible death to be in vain." Dad tried to assure me.

"What's your obsession with All For One? Why are you so sure only you can stop him?" Eiba asked.

"I don't know." I put my head down. Eiba was right. I lifted my head up as I heard her inhale to speak again.

"Is it because you still see him as a father figure?"

"No! Of course not!" I yelled.

"He's lying." I heard Mother's voice through an earpiece.

"Ayatsuru, choose your family because it can't be both us and them." Eiba sounded disappointed.

"You think it's that easy? Not once in my life have I ever had a choice! Ever since I was seven I've been manipulated! By him, by Mother, by Tomura! I didn't even decisevely become a hero. Don't talk to me about choosing because I don't know what the fuck that means! Even what might seem like a decision to you, could be an out of body experience to me! I have no idea what I'm doing!" I blurted. My breath was heavy and fast as I stared at Eiba. She looked sad. For me, for her, I don't know. I think I've reached my climax. I don't know what to do. I'm just so confused. I've been confused but I've finally had enough.