18. 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴

Sunday
May 2, 2021
11:35 am - 6:10 pm

[ Narrator ]

"Boris... I just don't want to. That's it." Y/n stood in the kitchen, staring at Boris in the living room.

"You need to. And I be there too. Next to you." Boris insisted, knowing the reason she was so depressed was because she adored skating so much and yet wouldn't allow herself to get on the ice.

Y/n sighed and considered for a moment.

Boris grinned and got up, running upstairs to change.

. . .

Y/n stood in front of the door, trembling. Boris was standing on the ice, holding his hand out.

"Trust. I never let you hurt." He said.

Y/n reluctantly grabbed his hand, stepping onto the ice.

Boris caressed her knuckles as he watched her expression change. Y/n stared down at her old skates, noticing all the scratches in the leather she never noticed before.

It'd been so long since she had looked down at her feet.

"All is ok. Yeah?" Boris whispered, bringing her attention up onto him.

Y/n nodded and closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths. Boris pulled her back towards the middle of the ice, holding her hands.

When Y/n opened her eyes she realized that this was what she had always known.

Boris smiled as Y/n let go of his hands.

She started slowly, skating close to Boris. Y/n smiled, realizing just how much she really missed being on the ice.

She stretched a little and met Boris back in the middle.

"Good?" Boris grinned. He was elated to see Y/n smiling again.

She nodded and leaned in, kissing him.

"Good, really, really good."

. . .

Two hours later, Boris was sitting on the sidelines, watching Y/n get back into jumping. She was so happy finally.

Boris felt the tension in his shoulders release and he sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

She was only doing single jumps and wasn't even landing them as that.

Boris could tell she was scared.

He was scared too, honestly.

He kept imagining how she had looked and then the panic of the crowd. The way people screamed and children started crying.

A hand landed on his shoulder and he looked up at Mabel.

"I still think about it too." She whispered, sitting down.

Mabel was like a mother to Y/n. She couldn't even comprehend the incident when it had happened. She went to the hospital once but seeing Y/n there...

It was too much.

Boris had been painting her nails her favorite color, his eyes red from crying, his hair messy from not showering, his entire demeanor looked sad and afraid.  

The two of them watched her smile as she progressively worked on harder stuff.

Mabel sighed and looked at the ground, praying Y/n wouldn't be angry when she found out what she had done... This was what was best for her though.