36. 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

[ Y/n ]

If I don't place first then this is it.

This will be my last competition.

I looked over to Boris who was grinning at me. He gave me a thumbs up and I smiled. I got into my starting position and waited.

I know they're all expecting me to fall.

But I'm not going to.

I won't.

I started and put all my energy into every element. I'll get it, it's just a double toe loop!

I fell and sat there for a moment before getting up. I continued my program but tears streamed down my face.

I tried to hold on to every element.

My spins travelled and I fell on each jump.

I tripped on my crossovers and when I finished people clapped pitifully.

I got off the ice and grabbed Boris. I sobbed into his shirt and held him tightly. I just want to leave. Don't even tell me my scores.

Just let me leave.

Mabel pulled me away and we went to the kiss and cry booth.

I sat down and put my head in my hands.

She hugged me and tried to comfort me as I continued to cry uncontrollably.

"20.1... Tenth place."

I stood up and ran to my dressing room, slamming the door behind me. I took my skates off and wiped my eyes, smearing my makeup all over my face.

The door opened and Boris came in.

He sat on the floor with me and I looked up at him.

"I can't." I whispered.

Boris nodded and I hugged him again, crying harder.

"It is finished, дорогой... You are finished now."

I didn't want him to say it but I knew it too. My career as a competitor was over and now I was embarrassing myself and Mabel.

Boris pulled away and wiped my tears.

"You are ok. This is ok. Yeah? You had very good run. Best run."

His soft smile was so hard to resist. I nodded and he continued wiping my face off. "Come, we go home now. Stupid medals are ugly here anyways."

дорогой - darling