3. 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭

Wednesday / Thursday
December 13 - 14, 2020
11 am - 3 am

[ Boris ]

My back hurt from sitting in the wooden chairs the school has. "Class, this is Theo. He's our new student." I looked up at the boy. He had dusty blonde hair and glasses. I felt my phone buzz and looked back down.

How's history?

Theo sat down close to me but I ignored him. The class continued on and I texted Y/n back.

No good what you doing

Lunch break, I miss you ;(

Oh?

"Boris, why don't you tell us about what Russia is like." I looked up and sighed, of course. I got up to the front of the classroom, tucking my phone into my back pocket.

"Russia is very good place. Is very cold but people are very nice. Much better than Las Vegas."

"What about the communism?" Someone blurted out. "I don't know. I was kid. I don't pay attention to politics. I just like food and snow."

"What about the clothes?"

"Um... We wear clothes? Just normal clothes like America."

"And the schools?"

"Like I actually went to school." I laughed. Everyone stared at me and I sighed. "Just like America schools."

. . .

I got on the bus and sat myself next to the Theo kid. We sat in silence for a moment before I observed how much his glasses made him look like Harry Potter. "Hah! Harry Potter!"

"Fuck you." My smile faded and I looked back forward. We sat in silence for a moment before Potter tried reviving the conversation. "Where's yofhc fhkgdfsfrnchykot?"

English can be really hard to understand.

"Eh?"

"Your t-shirt... There's not much boarding in the desert..?"

I shook my head, I'd stolen this from the ice rink. "Nah, I don't know how to snowboard... Just hate the sun."

Theo sat back in his seat and I looked back out the window as we passed the ice arena. I mentally waved at Y/n, she was probably working on something like fancy skating or choreography.

. . .

A few minutes later and I stepped off the bus. Potter followed, and I turned to him. He stuck his hand out, "Theo." I took his hand and followed up with my own name. "Boris."

Sometimes I get conscious about my accent. When I meet new people, when I'm presenting in school, but the worst is when someone tells me to repeat myself. Y/n says there's nothing to worry about. She likes my accent, she thinks it's hot. I think her accent is hot.

"Where're you from?" Theo asked, I was waiting for that.

"Russia, Australia, Poland, New Zealand, Texas, Alaska, Canada... Sweden. Originally from Ukraine."