5. 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴

Friday
December 15, 2020
3 pm - 9 pm

[ Y/n ]

I could see Boris in the stands while my coach was talking to me. He was talking to a boy with glasses. "Hey! Focus. Stretch with me." I nodded and stretched for a moment. "Okay, you ready? Have some water." I took a sip of the water and took my guards off as the last skater got off the ice. I stepped on and waited for a moment.

"Next to skate, representing the Las Vegas skating club Y/n L/n."

I skated out onto the ice, doing a quick lap around to warm myself up. I got into my start position and waited.

The music started and I followed the sequence. It was practically second nature. My mind was clear and my legs were moving on their own. My first major point scoring element was a layback spin. I started the spin and counted my rotations in my head.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.

I sat back up and continued the program. My vision was still spinning but I had to go into my first jump. An easy triple toe loop then a triple salchow. I landed them both nicely and the crowd cheered.

I made eye contact with my rival, Victoria Grace. She has such a basic bitch name. She had skated to the iconic White Swan piece from Sawn Lake. I was skating to Black Swan from Swan Lake. An accurate visual to our rivalry. I had come from a trailer park, her father is a millionaire.

.  .  .

I stood on the podium with a smile on my face. Boris had a big smile on his face too. I held up the gold medal and my flowers for pictures.

Time passed quickly and everyone was eventually out of the rink except for Boris's class and I. I changed out of my costume into my regular skating attire and my new gold medalist jacket. I smiled as the other teens got onto the ice.

"Hi everyone! I'm Y/n L/n, I'm this rinks' pride and joy."

"That's true!" One of the staff members shouted. I laughed and looked back at the small crowd. "So, first I'm supposed to do a q & a or something... I think. Yeah."

Almost all the kids raised their hands. "Okay, you in the front." The girl put her hand down. "Why don't you come to school with us?"

"I actually just graduated from virtual school a few days ago because I took summer school so I could focus on skating."

"What's your schedule like?"

"I wake up around 4 am, get here at 5, stretch and work out until 6:30, get on the ice at 6:45, at 8 I have what I call 'I regret skating' time which is when I go to the physical therapist and he points out all of my injuries that aren't healing properly because I'm still skating, then I work from 9 to 3 pm and then I get back on the ice, and then I go home and eat whatever my boyfriend cooked for dinner."

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Mhm-"

"It's the Russian! I came the other day and caught them making out!" Ugh, that dickhead again. Please someone run him over with the zamboni. Everyone was staring at me and I laughed a little. "Yep, Boris is my boyfriend so... Hi Boris." I waved to him and he waved back. There was quite whispering amongst the group, mostly the girls.