Chapter II

Weiss loved Vale.

Atlas was much more her style, of course. She was raised there after all. But she'd never been outside of Atlas before. Vale was a breath of fresh air. It had an abundance of colors that Atlas never had. Atlas was mostly blue, but Vale seemed to be filled with even more colors.

Of course the color wasn't as prominent at night, but Weiss still felt a smile appear on her face as she looked at the decorations that were still prepared for the Vytal Festival.

Weiss soon found herself at the docks, looking out at the darkened horizon.

Atlas was far from here, somewhere beyond that horizon. She was far from her father's reach, far from home. And it felt really good knowing that. It almost distracted Weiss from the fact that just an hour ago she'd hurt her best friend. But that thought still stuck in her mind, and a frown appeared on Weiss' face as she felt the sting of regret inside.

She carried on, walking along the docks, the only sounds she could hear were the clicking of her heels against the concrete.

Then, as she began to pass a warehouse, she heard another noise.

Voices.

Confused, Weiss looked through the gates, and her eyes widened as she saw figures in black making their way around the gated warehouse. Weiss could barely tell what they were doing, but as she squinted her eyes for a moment, her eyes widened as she realized who they were.

The Foot Clan!

Weiss had heard stories of these criminals. According to Blake, someone she'd viewed as a father had become a member of the Foot Clan. Even back when Weiss had hated the White Fang, she had known the Foot Clan was far worse. The White Fang were terrorists, but their intentions were pure. The Foot Clan were monsters.

But what were the Foot Clan doing here? Weiss had no clue, but she intended to find out.

She pulled out her scroll, dialing Ruby's number. She prepared to bring her finger down on the call button, but came to a stop as she remembered the exchange earlier. It was probably best she didn't call Ruby after what had happened a mere hour ago.

She turned off her scroll, putting it back in her pocket, and turned her attention to the fence, climbing over it as silently as possible.

Weiss dropped down on the other side, and quickly rushed behind a large crate, looking back to see what the Foot Clan were doing.

Her eyes widened as she saw their leader. It was a woman with long, black hair, and red eyes. She clearly wasn't the leader she'd heard so much about. She was obviously the one put in charge.

Now that she was this close to the Clan, she could clearly see what they were doing. They were stealing Dust.

Wasn't that what the White Fang had been doing just a few weeks back? Now they had to deal with the Foot Clan too?

Then, as Weiss looked to some crates in the distance, she saw a shadowed figure leap from one crate to another.

Weiss' blue eyes widened at that. Who was that?

She clearly wasn't the only one to see it, for as she lowered her head, she saw one Foot Soldier making his way to those crates, his weapon raised where the shadow had appeared.

Weiss' eyes widened in amazement as she saw the shadowed figure charge to the Foot Soldier from behind with incredible speed, grabbing him by the shoulders, and tossing him against the crates, and knocking him unconscious.

The next few moments were nothing but a blur to Weiss. The shadowed figure attacked with unbelievable speed, taking them out one at a time. No matter what the soldiers did to attack, they could never hit the figure.

Within seconds, the woman in charge called out for retreat, and the soldiers fled as fast as they could to escape.

As they disappeared, Weiss stepped out from her hiding spot, looking around for the figure. Then, as she looked up to the warehouse, she saw it.

The figure leapt onto the roof, holding what appeared to be two ninjatōs in its hands. A bandana flowed behind its head, as it stood up, glaring down to Weiss.

Eyes widened in amazement, Weiss looked down, grabbing her scroll, and lifting it up to snap a photo of the figure.

But it was gone.

Weiss spun around in an attempt to find it, but it was gone without a trace.

Then, she saw something on one of the crates. Eyes widening at the evidence she'd found, Weiss rushed to the crate, lifting the scroll and snapping a photo.

She stared in bewilderment at the crate.

Spray painted onto the crate was a strange symbol that she had never seen before.

家族