Chapter VI

"A vigilante?"

Jaune raised an eyebrow. Teams RWBY and JNPR were gathered in the cafeteria, and Weiss was talking about what she had witnessed last night.

"Yes," Weiss said.

"What did he look like?" Ruby asked.

"I didn't get a good look at him," Weiss said. "He wore a bandana, and he had two katanas."

"A ninja?" Ren asked.

"He looked like one," Weiss nodded.

"Oooh!" a clearly intrigued Nora cooed. "Ninjas are cool! You think he attends Beacon?!"

"I have seen almost every weapon in this school," Ruby said. "I don't know anyone with katanas."

"I have not seen anyone with a bandana either," Pyrrha said.

"So you said he was fast?" Jaune said.

"Yes," Weiss nodded. "It was all over within seconds. It was like he was in multiple places at once. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before."

"Sounds pretty cool," Yang said.

"Did you get a picture or anything?" Blake asked.

"I didn't get a picture of him," Weiss said. "But he painted something on one of the crates. I took a picture of that."

She pulled out her scroll, and revealed the picture of the 家族 symbol she'd taken the previous night.

"Uh... what does that mean?" Jaune asked.

"I have no idea," Weiss said, looking at the image.

"You think it might be a calling card or something?" Ruby asked. "I read a lot of comic books. Some super heroes will leave a calling card of their name or something."

"Well how do you even pronounce something like that?" Yang asked.

"Kazoku," Ren said. "It's a Japanese word."

"What does it mean?" Weiss asked.

"I don't know," Ren said. "I'm not exactly fluent in Japanese."

Weiss looked back down at the image for a moment.

A vigilante had stood up to the Foot Clan. And though some had tried it before, very few succeeded, even in groups. Yet this "Kazoku" vigilante had taken them out so quickly, and made them run almost immediately. How could that be possible? Weiss had never been so interested in someone her whole life.

Then, she heard the sound of commotion as students looked out the window. Confused, Weiss turned around, and her jaw dropped as she saw that familiar airship making its way to the docking area.

Ruby noticed her expression.

"Weiss?" she said.

"It's her..."

Weiss shot up from her seat, running out from the cafeteria.

She was here! She was really here! What was she doing here?

Weiss quickly ran back into her dorm, putting on her normal outfit, wanting to look as formal as possible for her sister.

As she ran back to the airship, Ruby chasing after her on the way.

"Weiss!" she called. "What is the big deal?! Who is it?! Who is 'she'?!"

Weiss came to a stop at the docking bay, as she saw the airship doors open.

"Winter," she said with a smile.

Ruby turned to where Weiss was looking, and she started to understand as she saw Winter Schnee step out from the airship.