Chapter III

The sewers were normally silent.

If one was to venture down to these dark tunnels, the most they'd hear would be the sound of rats squeaking as they scampered through the dark tunnels.

But now, two excited voices could be heard echoing through the sewer, as four figures made their way through the dark, disgusting tunnels.

From around the corner, a large, green turtle appeared. He was tall and stoic, with a brown strap around his waist like his belt, with another strap attached to the belt, stretching across his plastron, reaching around his right shoulder, and stretching back down his shell, connecting at the other end of his belt. Attached to the strap on his back were two sheaths crossing one another, with two ninjatōs in each sheath. Over his eyes was a blue bandana.

This was Leonardo.

Leo had a stern expression on his face, as usual. His brothers were trailing behind him, two of them excited at the events that had just taken place, and one of them in his usual angered mood.

The excited brothers turned the corner shortly after Leo. Each had just a single strap tied around their hips. One had a bo staff attached to the back of his strap, with a purple bandana tied around his eyes. He was not as tall as Leo, and had a much younger, less stoic look to him. The other had two nunchucks attacked to his hips, with an orange bandana. He was the youngest, and had the most youthful look to him.

The purple turtle was Donatello. The orange one was Michelangelo.

"We were awesome!" Mike said.

Donnie chuckled. "Did you see the way I sent that guy flying into the water?"

"Dude, that was awesome!" Mike said.

Leo couldn't help the small smile that appeared on his face at his brothers' excitement. Of course he was excited himself, though he would never show it the same way his brothers did.

As he turned back for a moment, he could see the last brother turning the corner. He, too, had a single strap around his waist like a belt. Attached to his hips were two sais, and a red bandana was tied around his eyes, a color that matched his angry brute appearance.

This was Raphael.

Leo sighed as he saw him, and the usual angered expression. He was used to it at this point, though that didn't mean he had to like it.

Soon, Leo reached up to a sewer pipe, pulling a hidden lever, which opened up the secret entrance to the turtles' lair.

The turtles stepped in, making their way through the lair. It was a large place, which their sensei had found himself. Of course, they'd had to steal a lot in order to get this place set up, but Donatello had managed to set up the perfect entrance to hide their lair. Plus, they had no plans to steal anything else.

Leo led the turtles into the dojo, where their Master Splinter was waiting for them.

Splinter was a large rat, who wore a red Japanese outfit, with black rims, a black belt, and black shoulder pads, which extended into a triangular shape.

Leonardo knelt down in front of Splinter, and his brothers soon did the same.

"We have had our first battle, Master Splinter," Leo said. "They were many, but we fought well."

"Were you seen?" Splinter asked.

"No, sensei," Leo replied, shaking his head.

"In this you must never lapse," Splinter said. "Even those who would be our allies would not understand. Our domain is the shadow. Stray from it reluctantly, for when you do, you must strike hard and fade away, without a trace."