Chapter IV

Weiss peered into her dorm.

Her friends were asleep in their beds. She still didn't know how Blake slept in her lower bunk without any worry of getting crushed, especially since Yang wasn't exactly the tidiest sleeper. But then, she wasn't nearly as messy of a sleeper as Ruby, which worried Weiss even more whenever she slept under her bed.

"Weiss?"

Weiss looked up, seeing Ruby peer over the bed at her.

"H-Hey," Weiss said.

"Weiss, I... I'm really sorry--"

"Don't be," Weiss cut her off. "Look, something really weird just happened."

"What?" Ruby asked.

"I'll tell you about it tomorrow," Weiss said, picking up her pajamas, and making her way to the bathroom. "Just go to sleep."

"Is everything alright?" Ruby asked.

"Everything's fine," Weiss said. "Just... ignore me, alright?"

Ruby sighed. "Okay..."

Weiss stepped into the bathroom, looking at her reflection for a moment. For a moment, thoughts of the vigilante left her mind, as the thoughts of her Schnee attitude came back into mind.

She didn't belong here. As much as Weiss felt like she belonged, and wanted to belong, she knew she didn't. She was a Schnee. As much as she wanted to get along with her friends, she knew she couldn't. She sighed, not wanting to keep these thoughts in her mind any longer.

She knew how to get rid of them.

Leonardo was looking up at the ceiling, his thoughts on everything Splinter had told him. He never doubted his sensei. He probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't for him. But this was the only time he ever doubted his father. How could he lead his brothers? He could barely even talk to Raphael without it turning into an argument. Leo was conflicted, but he'd had these emotions before.

He knew how to get rid of them.

Weiss stepped into the arena.

This was the combat class. She'd come here often. It was very useful when she wanted to cool herself down.

Leonardo stepped into the dojo.

He'd spent years training in this room. He liked it here. It always helped him put his mind off his problems.

Weiss lifted Myrtenaster, her rapier, and could see her reflection on the silver blade. She could see the scar over her left eye. A scar she felt deserved to be there. A Schnee deserved a scar. Of course, Weiss was aware she was better than her father, but that wasn't exactly difficult.

Leonardo took a ninjatō from the wall, and in the blade, he could see his reflection. The blue of his bandana. The brown eyes. Leo was well aware he had the look of a leader. Donnie and Mikey had a more youthful appearance, and Raph was no leader. But that was not what Leo wanted to think about in this moment.

The blade. That was all Weiss and Leo wanted to think of as they stepped into the middle of their rooms.

Focus on the blade.

Weiss began a rhythmic, dance-like movement, as she began training herself with Myrtenaster. In a way, it was a dance to her. The fluidity of her movements, complete focus on the perfect style. It was enough for her to push all thoughts away, her thoughts only on flawless motion.

Leonardo moved in much the same way, his mind only on the perfect movements, any thoughts of leadership, his brothers, or even Master Splinter lost deep in his mind.

Though neither knew about the other's state of mind, as neither knew or cared of the other's existence, both were in the exact same state, their thoughts on flawless motion as opposed to either of their personal struggles.

Each twirled their blades, over their heads, around their backs, their movements flowing smooth as a river.

As their minds finally cleared, they came to a slow, perfect stop. They stood in place, giving themselves a moment to breathe, and let any remaining thoughts dive deeper into their minds.

They let out a deep sigh, their minds finally at peace.

For now...