Chapter XVIII

Weiss stood up in a sudden panic.

"They're tracking my scroll!" she said.

The turtles turned to her.

"How would they know you're here?" Donatello asked.

"Winter knows me," Weiss said. "She knew I was going to look for you guys! And she knew I'd succeed!"

Raphael stormed up to her. "They're coming... because of you?!"

"I-I didn't know--"

"Quiet!" Splinter ordered.

The turtles turned to see Splinter rushing up the stairs to the lair's entrance.

"Get your weapons!" Leonardo ordered.

The turtles ran into the dojo, pulling their weapons from the wall, while Weiss grabbed Myrtenaster, pulling it from her belt.

The turtles ran out from the dojo, and started rushing up the stairs.

Splinter turned to them.

"No! Stay back!"

Suddenly, the wall exploded, sending Splinter flying down the stairs.

"Splinter!" Weiss shouted, rushing to his side.

"Save yourself..."

Suddenly, Foot Soldiers rushed into the lair, weapons aimed at the turtles.

"Don't let them take you!" Leo ordered.

The soldiers fired at the turtles, and they spun their weapons wildly to knock the bullets off. One of the bullets planted into Donatello's staff, and he tugged it out, eyes widening as he realized what it was.

"Guys?" he said. "They have tranquilizers!"

Leo swiped a tranquilizer dart away with his ninjatō. "Then don't let them shoot you!"

The Foot Soldiers closed in on the turtles, as Weiss lifted Splinter, and dragged him into the dojo.

"Get out of here!" Splinter ordered, as he took a katana from the wall.

"I'm not leaving you guys here!" Weiss said, turning to see the turtles struggling against the Foot Soldiers. "I led them here! I'm going to help get them out!"

"Weiss, no!" Splinter yelled.

But it was too late. She had already ran in to assist the turtles.

At this point, the turtles were surrounded, and struggling to avoid the tranquilizer darts.

Weiss scowled in anger, preparing a glyph underneath her feet. She dashed to the Foot Soldiers, using her weapon to knock them away from the turtles.

As soon as she came to a stop, Leonardo gripped her by the shoulders.

"Weiss!" he said. "You need to get out of here, now!"

"No!" Weiss said. "I'm not leaving you guys!"

Leo shoved Weiss down as a tranquilizer dart whizzed over her head, and he delivered a kick to a nearby Foot Soldier's jaw, knocking him to the ground.

"Now!" he ordered, tossing her to a nearby couch as cover.

Weiss didn't stay behind the cover for long. She quickly stood up, and charged back into the battle.

But just as she rushed back in, her eyes widened in horror.

Winter stepped through the entrance, giving orders to the Foot Soldiers.