Chapter XX

Weiss stood in the alleyway, waiting for her teammates.

Leonardo hid on a fire escape, looking down at Weiss.

"I don't know about this," he said.

"It'll be fine," Weiss said, looking up at Leo. "Trust me, they will not judge you. They might be a little scared at first, but it won't take much to get them to like you."

Leo sighed. "Alright. I trust you."

Weiss smiled up at him.

"Weiss!"

She turned her attention away from Leo, and saw her friends running into the alley.

"Weiss, you didn't come back last night!" Ruby said. "Did something happen?!"

"I'm fine," Weiss reassured with a smile.

"Weiss your arm!" Yang said.

Ruby gasped in shock as she saw the blood-stain on her sleeve.

"Don't worry," Weiss said. "I already have it bandaged. It'll be alright."

"Weiss, what happened?" Ruby asked.

Weiss sighed. "Alright, listen. I have... someone for you to meet... but promise me you won't panic when you see him..."

They looked at each other for a moment, confused. But they turned back to Weiss, and nodded.

Weiss looked up. "Come on, Leo!"

Suddenly, Leo leapt off the fire escape, landing beside Weiss. The girls jumped in shock, staring in amazement as he slowly stood up straight.

To Leo's surprise, Ruby let out an excited squeal, and dashed up to him.

"You're one of Weiss' turtle friends!" she said.

"Um... yes," Leo said, looking to Weiss with a confused expression. She just smiled, shrugging as Ruby dashed around him, looking over his body.

"You are so cool!" she said.

"Thanks...?"

"Which one are you?"

"Leonardo. But you can just call me Leo."

"You have three fingers! Does that mean when you point you're sticking a middle finger?"

Yang walked up to Ruby, rolling her eyes. She grabbed her by the hoodie, and pulled her off Leo.

"Sorry about that," she said. "This is my little sister, Ruby. I'm Yang."

She extended a hand to Leo, and he smiled, shaking her hand.

"And you are?" he said, pointing to Blake.

"Blake," she said, keeping a straight face.

"So... these guys are going to help us?" Leo said, turning to Weiss.

"Trust me, they're the best of the best," Weiss said.

Leo glanced back at Ruby, as she poked at his ninjatōs in awe.

"In terms of skill," Weiss elaborated.

Leo nodded in understanding...