Chapter XXV

"Okay, the Dust is now entering his bloodstream."

Splinter's eyes began to open, and he saw his sons standing over him, looks of concern on their faces.

Donatello had just sent the blood into Splinter's own bloodstream, and he was beginning to wake up, though his condition didn't seem great.

"Master Splinter?" Mike said.

"Nothing's happening," Raphael said.

"Why isn't it working yet?" Mike asked.

Then, Splinter spoke.

"Michelangelo..."

"Huh?"

"Michelangelo, come closer..."

Mike bent down to Splinter, and he whispered something into his ear.

"What did he say?" Leo asked.

"He said, 'Please get your knee off my chest,'" Mike said.

Excitement immediately filled the turtles as Mike removed his foot from Splinter's chest, and he immediately seemed to get better.

"Sensei!" "You're alive!" "It worked!"

Splinter smiled at the turtles' reactions.

His children. The first children he'd had in centuries. He'd forgotten how much he'd missed this.

"I'm sorry," Leo apologized. "This was all my fault."

"You were right," Raph said. "We weren't ready."

"No," Splinter shook his head. "It was I who wasn't ready to let you go. All you needed was to discover that your true power lies in believing in one another."

The turtles looked at each other with smiles, and Mikey did a "mind blown" gesture.

The family was finally reunited...