Chapter VII

Weiss held out Myrtenaster before her, a glyph on the ground in front of her.

"Excellent form!" Winter said. "Now think to your fallen foes! The ones who forced you to push past where you were, and become who you are now!"

Weiss frowned in anger as the glyph flickered from her difficulty concentrating.

"Think of them, and watch as they come to your side!" Winter said.

Weiss did everything she could to concentrate, but no matter how hard she tried, it just wouldn't work. She finally gave in, stomping the ground angrily. "I can't!"

Winter gave Weiss a slap. "Stop doubting yourself!"

"I'm trying!" Weiss said.

"If this is what you call trying, then you have no hope of succeeding as a Huntress!" Winter said. A smile formed on her face. "Why don't you just move back home? I'm sure Father would give you a nice job as a receptionist!"

"I don't need his charity!" Weiss said.

"But you do need his money, don't you?" Winter asked.

Weiss turned to Winter. "What do you mean?"

Winter sighed. "So he hasn't cut off your card yet?"

"What do you mean, 'yet'?" Weiss asked.

"I may have been in a similar situation when I joined the military," Winter said.

"But... why would he cut me off like that?" Weiss asked.

"Perhaps so that you'd stop avoiding him and call home," Winter said.

Angered, Weiss spun around, summoning another glyph. Winter placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Emotions can grant you strength," she said. :But you must never let them overpower you." The glyph began to flicker, but neither paid attention. "It sounds to me like you have two choices in front of you. You can either call him, beg for his money back, and explain once more why you would want to study at Beacon over Atlas, or you could continue to explore Remnant, discovering more about the world and honestly, more about yourself."

Weiss smiled at her sister.

But, before the conversation could continue, there was a knock at the door.

Weiss approached it, and opened it, revealing Glynda.

"Is Winter in here?" she asked.

"Yes," Winter said, stepping up to the door.

"I believe there was something you needed to discuss?" Glynda said.

"Yes," Winter nodded. She turned to Weiss. "I have to go now."

"I understand," Weiss nodded.

Winter pulled Weiss into a quick hug, which she happily returned.

She had missed Winter so much. Before coming to Beacon, she was the only one she had ever viewed as a friend. The only one who truly cared about her. And even then, she rarely got to see her. It felt amazing to see her again, despite how brief the reunion was.

Finally, the embrace was separated, and Winter began to follow Glynda.

They made their way to the Beacon CCT Tower, which was the tallest tower in Vale, next to a Schnee Dust Company tower down in the city. In the top floor was an area where people could contact someone in another kingdom, and Glynda's office.

That was their destination. As they stepped into the office, Winter found herself taking in the details of the office. It was quite similar to General Ironwood's office, with a similar, wide desk at the end of the room, a large window behind it, allowing Glynda to look over the academy. There was a glass ceiling, with clock wheels visible above. The room was a shade of green, unlike Ironwood's blue shade.

"So," Glynda said, "what is so important for you to come here to tell me?"

Winter snapped out of her trance looking over the room, and turned to Glynda.

"The Foot Clan," Winter said. "Their operations have been increasing in this kingdom."

"I'm aware," Glynda said.

"Oh really?" Winter said. "And have you been doing anything about it?"

"I've been doing everything I can," Glynda said. "The Foot Clan never have been easy to defeat."

"You seem... very calm about this," Winter said. "This is the Foot Clan we're talking about!"

"I know. And believe me, I am well aware of the damage they can cause, and I am doing everything I can to handle it. What I don't understand is why this required you to come tell me as opposed to just sending a message."

"It's the Foot Clan," Winter said. "Ironwood can be quite cautious at times."

Glynda nodded. "That sounds like him. Listen Winter, if you want to help, be my guest. But as of right now, my concerns are... somewhere more important."

"I see," Winter said. "Well... good day, Professor."

She turned around, and made her way to the exit.

"And Winter," Glynda said. Winter turned back to her. "Before you go, could you inform Ironwood I said hello?"

Winter smiled.

"I will..."