Chapter XXIV

Adam stood behind Winter as she prepared the mutating Dust.

"How close are we?" he asked.

Winter sighed, turning to him. "Just four minutes out. Moving forward as planned."

Adam nodded. "The turtles are on the way. Your sister and her friends are coming with them."

Winter shut her eyes tight, knowing she would have to face her own sister. And she was not looking forward to it.

"Adam," she said.

He turned to her.

"If my sister arrives... just... promise me you won't kill her," she said. "You can knock her unconscious at worst, but... just don't kill my little sister."

Adam glared at her for a moment.

"Please," Winter said.

Adam thought for a moment, before letting out an annoyed sigh.

"Fine," he said, picking up his helmet. "I'm sure my soldiers deserve a... reward... for their loyalty."

Winter sighed, shutting her eyes. She didn't like what Adam as suggesting. But, as long as Weiss was alive, that was all she cared about.

Adam lifted the helmet over his head, and put it back on.

"A new era is about to begin, Winter," Adam said, his voice an echo in the helmet. "Just be glad you're on the right side."

And, with that, he made his way to the roof.

Meanwhile, the turtles slid their way through the sewers. Leo held Weiss, Raph held Yang, Donnie held Blake, and Mike held Ruby.

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the shell at all times!" Mike said.

"Satellite imagery shows Shredder's reached the top of Schnee Tower!" Donatello said.

"If that's where he's releasing the toxin from..." Leo said.

"It's gonna spread all over the city!" Donnie finished.

"We need to..." Raph started.

Suddenly, the pipe came to an end, and the turtles shouted, "Break a left!" as they fell from one pipe to another.

Meanwhile, back in the tower, Winter made her way to the lab.

In the middle of the room was a large machine, which would bring the turtles' blood to a machine attached to the spire on the roof, which would disperse the toxin across the kingdom.

On the lower floors, the turtles burst through the wall, entering the building. They each set down the girl they held

Weiss looked around for a moment at the empty room.

This was a Schnee Dust Company tower. She lowered her head, as she thought about the situation.

Adam may be the one leading the Foot Clan, but it was her and her family that were the real villains. Everything happening now wouldn't be possible if it weren't for them.

Leo noticed her expression. "Are you alright?"

Weiss looked up at him. "Yeah... I'm fine... It's just... all of this... everything that's happening... it's all because of my family... none of this would be possible if it weren't for me and my family..."

Leo turned her head to look at him. "Hey... you said yourself, we are going to win this. And when we do... you will be the one responsible for the victory..."

"How?" she said. "You guys are the ones who are going to defeat Shredder--"

"And none of that would've been possible," Leo said, "if you hadn't kept me going."