The Knight Bus

Harry opened the door for Marge, Uncle Vernon's sister. After she shoved her umbrella at him, we went up to Uncle Vernon.

"Uncle Vernon, Lilia and I need you to sign these forms."

"What is it?"

"Nothing. School stuff." I spoke this time.

"Later perhaps, if you behave."

"I will if she does," Harry spoke instead quietly.

I understand why Marge has always been a pain in our arses. 

"Oh, your both still here, are you?"

"Yes," Harry and I spoke at the same time.

"Don't say yes in an ungrateful way. Damn good of my brother to keed yous. They'd have been straight to an orphanage if they'd been dumped on my doorstep."

She then bothered Dudley, who couldn't give a care in the world that she was here.

"Take Marge's suitcase upstairs," Vernon said to the both of us.

"Okay," Harry replied.

A bit later, when everyone was done eating, Harry and I started cleaning up the dinner table, and Marge being the person she is, snapped her fingers at Harry to tell him to pick up the plate she put on the floor for her dog.

She then started asking what school Uncle Vernon sent us to. And he just said some school that is meant for "hopeless cases."

"Do they use a cane at St. Brutus'?"

Uncle Vernon looked at the two of us. I nodded, but Harry spoke.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I've been beaten loads of times."

"And you girl?"

"Yes, nearly every day. Sometimes more than once a day."

"Excellent," she rambled on a while longer, but we stopped listening.

When she asked what our father did, we started listening again.

"Nothing. He didn't work. He was Unemployed."

"And a drunk too, no doubt?"

"That's a lie!" I said, still facing the opposite way

"What did you say?"

Harry and I turned around to face Marge. But this time, Harry spoke.

"Our dad wasn't a drunk."

I was getting furious and had to do something. The glass in Marge's hand broke, scaring the three adults at the table. I didn't mean actually to do it, but I wasn't complaining that it happened.

"Don't worry. Don't fuss, Petunia. I have a very firm grip,"

I looked at Harry with a slight smirk on my face. The confusion on his face faded after he realized  I was the reason it broke.

"I think it's time you both went to bed."

"Quiet, Vernon. You, clean it up," she said, snapping her fingers and pointing at Harry.

Harry grabbed a cloth and went over to clean the water.

"Actually, it's nothing to do with the father. It's all to do with the mother. You see it all the time with dogs. If there's something wrong with the Bitch, then something's wrong with the pup."

"Shut up!" I yelled

"Shut. Up!" Harry followed up.

Marge grew a smirk on her face. The lights in the house started flickering, and the wind blew a little more complex. I was doing it to make her scared but what happened next was not my doing.