Lilia Lowe

I looked back at the letter and started roughly where I left off.

Your father, on the other hand, is Tom Riddle. Or that's what he went by when your mother was pregnant with you, but he changed it shortly after he got your mother pregnant. He didn't even know Sinistra was pregnant. I can't believe this. Voldemort can't be... my father, can he? So, this means Harry is not your brother. And you are not our child.

The best thing to come out of this is that you're a Pureblood, Sinistra was a Pureblood, and so is Voldemort. (I know he isn't actually, but for the sake of this book, he is)

You were born June 19th, not July 31st. We understand if you might hate us or if you want to change your name to your mother's. But know, we genuinely do love you.

We love you so much, Lilia. Never forget that. No matter what happens, we love you.

Love,

Mum.

I sat in my dorm crying. I occasionally let out a scream of anger. I also threw a couple of things at the walls, that was until dinner at least. I walked into the Common Room playing with my ring and saw Harry and Ron sitting on the couches. Hermione was probably still in the Library.

"Lilia, are you alright? We heard you throwing things." Harry asked.

"We also heard a couple of screams, and we would have come check on you, but they didn't sound like sad or scared screams. They sounded like screams you let out when you want to kill someone." Ron trailed off.

I looked at the two of them for a moment. I put my hands to my sides before talking.

"I'll tell you later. I haven't eaten anything, so can we go it supper please?" I said, tears still in my eyes.

I think my hands started to shake because the ring on my finger moved up a little. I looked down, and most of my body was shaking. I ignored it and walked out of the Common Room.

We walked in silence to the Great Hall. Most of the tables were full, but there were still quite a few people from each house that wasn't here yet. We sat down in our usual spots, and the two boys filled up their plates.

I took an apple and had a bite but instantly felt sick. I put it down and laid my head on my arms.

"What did Dumbledore want to talk about? You were gone for a while."

"I was with Malfoy for most of it," I said, not thinking.

"Malfoy? That scum, he's the reason your crying isn't he?"

I sniffled right before I was about the talk, but Harry took that as a yes.

"That little-Malfoy, you piece of scum!" he said, standing from the table.

"Harry, no!"

Draco looked up from his table and looked at Harry, then at me. He looked confused.

"What is it this time, Potter?"

"Harry, stop!"

He walked over to Draco's side of the table, and it looked like he was about to punch him. I ran in between the two, so he would stop. I grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him away.

"Keep, your brot-keep an eye on him, will ya?"

I looked back at Draco and sent him a near-invisible smile. I then walked Harry out of the Great Hall and to the Common Room. We walked to my dorm, which was utterly destroyed.

"I didn't realize I messed this place up so badly."

I pulled out my wand and cast a cleaning charm. The room slowly went back to its original state, the broken glasses fixed themselves, and everything returned to its proper spot.

"That's better,"

"What's going on with you?"

Right, I should tell him. I gave him the letter, and he read it.

"You're-Sinistra-Voldemort?!? Lilia, what is this?"

"Just read all of it, please."

"We-you're a-older than me?! So you mean to tell me, My parents adopted you. Your parents are this Sinistra Lowe person and Voldemort. We aren't twins, your a Pureblood, and you're over a month older than me? How many people know about this?"

I was crying again. I had a more challenging time understanding this than Harry did.

"Including me? Four."

"Four? You, me, I assume Dumbledore, but who is the fourth?" Harry thought a moment. "It's Malfoy. That's why he stopped himself from saying, brother. Why did Malfoy hear about this before me? Better yet, why did he hear about it at all?"

"First of all, I stopped right before it said who my father was, so he knows pretty much all but that. Second of all, he shoved me into a broom closet so I would tell him why I was ignoring him. Third of all, I'm telling you way too much information right now." My voice went high at the last part.

Harry looked at me. His eyebrows furrowed before his eyes widened.

"Bloody hell, you're seeing him, aren't you?"

"What the hell Harry? I most certainly am not. Besides, I met him yesterday."

"Oh, well-erm sorry. I suppose I should be asking you how you are feeling about all of this."

"Well, I can't live a lie, not anymore. I'm not a Dursley, nor am I a Potter. I'm a Lowe. I'm Lilia Lowe." I spoke sternly. "But you will always be my brother, no matter what. Nothing can change that; I don't care if we have different blood, we grew up together, and you are the only real family I have left."

Harry walked closer to me and hugged me. We stayed like this for a minute or two before heading back to the Great Hall. I still had tears in my eyes, along with bags under them. But I knew Harry was hungry, and I told him I would try to eat.

We got there, and there were a few people left at each table: Draco and his goons and Harry's friends. I sat back down, but this time Harry sat beside me instead of across from me. He put an arm around my shoulders and hugged me once more before eating.

I tried to eat something but I couldn't. I ended up just having some water and going to bed. I didn't talk to anyone for the rest of the night. I occasionally looked at Draco - knowing he wanted to know who my father was - and he would already be looking at me.