Scabbers

A little while later, on our way back to Hagids, we saw a man sharpening his blade in the courtyard. I think he is the executioner for Buckbeak. We walked by him, each of us giving him a dirty look, but he just smiled.

We walked through the bridge to Hagrids before anyone spoke again.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible."

"It just got worse," Ron said as we spotted Draco and his goons standing behind a rock looking at Hagrids hut.

"What did I say? Father said I could keep the Hippogriffs head. I'll donate it to the Gryffindors' room. This is going to be rich."

"Look who's here."

"Ah, Come to see the show?"

I snapped. I thought Draco was a somewhat decent person, but this is too much.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" I said, putting my wand under his chin.

He looked genuinely terrified. Good.

"Lilia, No! He's not worth it."

I stood there for a few more seconds before lowering my wand. I was about to walk away, but they started laughing. I turned around and punched Draco in the nose.

"That felt good."

"Not good, brilliant."

We walked down to the hut and knocked on the door. Hagrid let us in, and we talked.

"Oh, look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them."

"Why don't we just set him free?"

"They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get into trouble. He's coming down, you know, Dumbledore. He says he wants to be with me when they... when it happens. Great man Dumbledore. A great man."

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid," Hermione said, standing up.

"You'll do no such thing! Think I want you seeing something like that? No. You just drink your tea and be off. Oh. before you do, Ron."

Hagrid pulled out a rat from a pot.

"Scabbers, you're alive!"

Ron and Hermione started to argue about him apologizing to her. But then something broke a vase behind us.

"Blimey. what was that?"

"Ow!" Harry exclaimed.

He turned around to see what was being thrown at him. Then he saw The executioner, Dumbledore and others walking towards the hut.

We left out the back door and hid behind some pumpkins. We heard a twig break and looked back.

"I thought I just saw-Nevermind."

We walked back up to the rock that I punched Draco at, and we watched as the executioner killed Buckbeak.

I cried into Harry's chest while Hermione cried into Rons.

"Ah. He bit me. Scabbers."

"Ron. Ron!"

Ron chased Scabbers as we chased Ron.

I ran up to Ron as he caught the rat.

"Ron, Lilia, Run!" I heard Harry say.

I looked up at him, and my eyes widened.

"Harry, Hermione, Run!" I yelled, pointing behind them. "It's the Grim!"

The two looked behind them as the dog started running towards... Ron?