Just Keep Your Eyes Open

"Harry!" I yelled.

Harry turned around and looked at me. Hermione pointed at the full moon and then at Lupin. The moonlight hit his face, and he started turning into a werewolf.

"Remus, my old friend. Have you taken your potion tonight? You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! Here!"

Hermione and I held Ron behind us and watched the terrifying scene unfold in front of us. Peter picked up Lupin's want and turned himself into a rat. Harry tried to stop it, but it was no use.

Lupin was a full werewolf by this point. We were about to run, but Hermione stopped us.

"Professor? Professor Lupin."

He seemed like he was sad, then he let out a howl and became vicious.

"Nice, doggy. Nice doggy." Ron squeaked as Snape walked out of the hole.

He stepped in front of us, not realizing what was happening.

"There you are, Potter!"

Ron pointed behind Snape as Lupin growled. Snape turned around and covered us. Well, most of us. I was too much to the left. He couldn't protect me. Then Lupin hit me.

His claws dug into my face. But he didn't stop. He hit me once more in the stomach, but I didn't feel it as much. Maybe he didn't go too deep with the second one.

Black came back and started fighting Lupin. Black began to run away from the five of us so Lupin would too. But Harry chased after them.

"Lowe, get Weasly and yourself to Madam Pomfrey. You both have wounds that need attending to."

I nodded at Snape and started walking with Ron back to the castle.

"How is your leg?"

"It bloody hurts. How's your face?"

"I'll live."

We made it back to the castle and started walking up the stairs. But my vision was going blurry.

"Ron?"

"What's wrong? Why did you stop?"

"I got hit in my stomach too. Could you tell me how bad it is?" I said as I turned to Ron.

I saw him nod, and I pulled my shirt up.

"Bloody hell, Lilia. I-I can see your-your ribs. S-some of them at least."

"That bad, huh?"

"What the hell happened to you two?"

"What do you want, Malfoy?"

"D-Draco?" I said, looking up the stairs.

"What are you looking at, Lowe."

My breaths became lighter and lighter. I think Lupin hit my lung.

"Draco, not now."

"What are you talking about?"

I sat down on the step I was previously standing on and motioned for him to come closer.

"I'm sorry I've been i-ignoring you. A-and I'm sorry I punched you. I just needed to hate you. God, things would be so much easier if I hated you." I put my hand up to his cheek. "I guess you will be getting your ring back sooner than expected." I laughed.

"Lilia?"

"Shut up, Ron."

"Lilia, why are you saying all of this to me? It's been seven months. I thought you just moved on from... whatever it was we had."