Babbling, Bumbling Band of Baboons

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives and hosts, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost, a dance." Mcgonagle said. Everyone started discussing that they didn't want to go to a dance, and I don't either, but for entirely different reasons. If it weren't for the Weasley twins standing right beside me nudging me out of my thoughts, I wouldn't have listened to the rest of the speech. I wasn't even supposed to be on the boys' side, but no one noticed.

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

"Try saying that five times fast, huh?" George said.

"Babbling, bumbling band of baboons." "Babbling, bumbling band of baboons." "Babbling, bumbling band of baboons." "Babbling, bumbling band of baboons." "Babbling, bumbling band of baboons." They alternated.

"Boys, if you are going to say a tongue twister, you have to say it by yourself." I laughed.

"Fine," they said in unison.

"Babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Blabbering, flubber... I've forgotten the words." George said.

"Let me try." And Fred did just that, except he also forgot the words. "Okay, Lilia, why don't you try it."

"Of course, I wouldn't bake you do something that I can't. Babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Babbling, bumbling band of baboons. It's truly not that hard. You two can't do anything without the other."

"That's not true!" They said in unison, proving my point.

"Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight. In every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasly!"

"Yes?"

"Would you join me, please?" Professor Mcgonagle said as she stood him up. "Now, place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?"

"My waist." She said as someone whistled. "And extend your arm. Mr. Filtch, if you please. One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three." She went on.

Fred, George and I made fun of him while he danced. "Oi, you're never going to let him forget about this, are you?" Harry asked.

"Never." They said in unison once again.

"Everybody come together. Boys, on your feet!" All of the girls stood, and the boys hid behind their hands.

"Fred, care to dance?" I asked, holding out my hand.

"Only if you go to the Yule Ball with me."

"No can do, Freddie. But I'll be sure to save you a dance."

"A slow dance?"

"But of course."

"You have yourself a deal." He said, taking my hand. We danced for an hour or so, I'm not too sure how long it was, but we stopped when Professor Mcgonagle told us we could.

It took me a few weeks to find the right dress and then the accessories, and when I did, I wasn't sure if I was happy or upset with it. The dress was dark green, nearly black, flowy with a white pattern around the bottom that spread out the farther up it went. It also came with a corset-like black band around my torso, a choker, and a green snake bracelet. I got black heels to match, and my hair was in a low wedding-like bun. I had to get Hermione to help me with it.

I wanted to get the blue or red one, but it didn't match my skin tone. Not to mention they didn't have my size. The dress looked stunning, and so did everything else, but I felt like a Slytherin. Not that that is a bad thing, of course. I guess green is just my colour. The only one who has seen me in my dress is Hermione, and she left before I did my makeup and the final touches on my hair. I walked out of the Common Room and towards the Great Hall.