Dear Brother of Mine

We all sat in the Great Hall silently, no one, not even Dumbledore, knowing what to say. I have healed the last bit of the wound in my stomach, merely a scar. But the mental damage of what happened that night will never go away for anyone.

"Today, we acknowledge a terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, incredibly fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend. Now I think. Therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." I grabbed Dracos hand at the name. He squeezed it, reassuring me, and I laid my head on his shoulder. "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel of this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that though we may come from different places and may speak different tounges, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that. Cedric Diggory will not die in vain. You remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest, and brave, true, right to the very end."

Later that evening, Harry and I began packing our things, as he had moved all of his belongings to my dorm and never bothered to move out. The door opened, surprising both of us until we saw Dumbledore walking in.  "Never liked these curtains. Set them on fire in my fourth year. By accident, of course." He said as he put his hand up to feel them. Then he walked closer to us and leaned against the bed. "I put you two in terrible danger this year. I'm sorry."

"Professor, when we were in the graveyard, there was a moment when Voldemorts wand and mine sort of connected." I heard Dumbledore mumble something but couldn't quite hear; all I heard was 'incantatum.'

"You saw your parents that night, didn't you? They reappeared." Harry had a slight smile on his face as he nodded. "No spell can awake the dead Harry. I trust you know that. Dark and biblical times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. Remember this: you have friends here, both of you." He said, looking back at me. "You're not alone." And with that, Dumbledore left without another word.

Harry and I continued packing and made our way to the front gate. Everyone was saying goodbye in case they couldn't on the ride home. Ron jumped between the archway and the other schools left. "Do you think we will ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?"

"No." Harry and Hermione said, laughing.

"Ron, I've only been here for two years and know that." I laughed

"Right, well, I didn't think so. Oh well." Ron, Harry, and I started walking but realized Hermione didn't move.

"Everything is going to change now, isn't it?" Harry put his hand on her shoulder.

"Yes." Is all he said, making me almost laugh.

"Promise you'll be right this summer. All of you."

"I won't. You know I won't. "

"Harry will, won't you?"

"Yeah, every week." He said, laughing.

"Oh, dear brother of mine, because you said that I'm going to make sure you see it through. And Hermione, I'll write on the same parchment as Harry knowing his letter won't belong." We all laughed and continued walking. We watched the other schools leave. I suspect it'll be the last time we ever see any of them. "I'm going to see Draco. I won't belong, so I'll meet you on the train." Hermione smiled, and Harry was too out of it to notice I was saying anything, so he just nodded slightly. On the other hand, Ron walked me a little forward to we were away from the others. 

"Listen to me, Lils. If this boy hurts you again, let me know I'll take care of it." He said with a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Ronald, but I can take care of myself."