Shallow

"What's wrong? Bloody-is this because of the last clue? Do you not-"

"I know, Draco. I know everything."

"I-what? What are you talking about?"

"I know that you're snooping around!" I blurted out. The slight smirk on his face dropped, and he looked angry.

"Lilia, you don't understand."

"Don't understand? What is it I don't understand, that you're a shallow snake? That you're doing daddy's dirty work?" Draco looked hurt, but I needed to pretend I didn't care.

"It's not like I wanted to! My father is making me snoop around to find out who your father is, but I'm trying my best not to find anything. He's been suspicious of you since-"

"The World Cup?"

"How did you-"

"Draco, I've only met your father once."

"How long have you known?" Draco paused, trying to calm himself. "How long have you known about me trying to help my father figure out who your father was?

"A couple of days," I said bluntly.

"So you knew before yesterday, before the Yule Ball? What was last night then, just trying to trick the truth out of me?!"

"NO Draco! I wanted to have one damn night where I didn't have to worry about you prying into my life with stupid questions your father told you to ask! I wanted my boyfriend back! The boy who gave me a piggyback ride down the stairs without a care in the world if someone saw us. I wanted the boy I fell in love with! Not the boy who destroys my room after I run away crying! I wanted one more nice night before I told you we were done. You're shallow and a snake just like your father!"

Dracos face went pale as his fists clenched and unclenched.

"You-"

"Yea, I knew. And I have been trying to understand why ever since. Maybe I'm just as bad as you, but my reasons are a hell of a lot better. I've been trying to figure out what's been stuck up your arse since the school year started and the day I woke up from the first challenge. The day I woke up to you sleeping with your head on my stomach, I found out."

Dracos eyes finally met mine, and a single tear rolled down his face before freezing at the bottom of his chin. I walked up to him and gave him his coat back. "Here, I got you a present," I said in a cold tone. I handed him a small box, and he opened it. A small smile rose on his face as he gave me a small box of his own. I opened it, and a necklace with a cristal sat perfectly in the middle. I smiled before examining it further. Wrapping around the cristal was a snake. As I saw it, my smile dropped, and I looked at Draco.

"I was going to say, 'you love me?' Not 'you knew?'." I sighed as I turned to walk away. "You love me?" I turned back around and shook my head.

"Of course I love you, Draco! But how can I love someone who lies to me?!"

"I can change!"

"I'm sure you can." I huffed. "But we're done. I'm done. I wish things could have been different. Maybe if we didn't meet during first year and start enemies, we could have made this work." I said, hoping he would take the hint, but I didn't stay long enough to find out. I put the necklace in my pocket and ran back to Hogwarts.