Chapter 9

Blackpink 'Ddu-du-Ddu-du' The first 24 hours by a Korean Act, and the second most watched music video of all time. --AllKpop

Korean Girl Group Blackpink hits more than 36.2 million music video views on YouTube within 24 hours after it's release. --Koreaboo

BLACKPINK break the record of most viewed Korean Girl Group of all time, surpassing Psy's "Gentleman" (2013) and Taylor Swift's "Look What You Made Me Do" (2017) --Billboard

"Oh my god, did you see the internet? We're trending everywhere!" I told the girls while holding my phone.

"Yes, I'm about to cry I don't what to feel," Jennie unnie said while using her hand as a fan.

"Yah! look at our YouTube subscribers, Daebak!" Lisa said while looking at her phone. The three of us went near her to see.

"43.8 million subscribers what?!" Jisoo unnie shouted.

Wow. I don't know what to feel. It's happening, our trainee days are worth it! I'm so happy.

I immediately dialed my mom's phone number to tell her everything. I miss her, I miss my family and I can't believe this is happening.

Her phone is ringing. When the ringing stopped I  immediately speak. "Hello, mom?" I said in excitement.

(Roseanne? Oh my daughter!) It's my dad who picked up. I miss his voice.

"D-dad, h-how are you?" I started choking. I put my hand on my mouth tying not to cry.

The girls looked at me. I smiled at them. "It's my dad." I mouthed to them. The three of them smiled.

(I'm all good baby, You how are you? Are you okay? You're all over the news!) He said happily.

"Y-yes dad." I cried. "I m-miss you so much." I sobbed.

(Are you crying? Aww, it's okay baby. Mom and Dad is so proud of you okay? We miss you so much too.) He said softly.

"Where's Mom? and Alice?" I asked while wiping my tears.

(Your Mom taking a shower when you called, so I'm the one who picked up. Alice is not here at home because she is on her work right now.) He explained to me.

"Oh, I see. Tell them that I called, Arasseo?"

Trans: Oh, I see. Tell them I called, Okay?

(Ne, don't get a boyfriend there without telling me okay?) My eyes widened when he said that.

Trans: Yes, don't get a boyfriend there without telling me okay?

"Dad! Of course not, I'm focused on my career you know!" The girls looked at me with a confused expression. I awkwardly smiled at them.

(I'm kidding sweetie, Why so defensive? so there's someone huh?) He's teased me. I sighed

"No, t-there's no one Dad." I said carefully. There's someone came to my mind. Fuck this.

"I-I'm hanging up now okay? Stay healthy and take your maintenance daily! Just tell mom that I'm fine here with the girls, So she don't have worry too much. I miss you, I love you. Bye." I said without pausing. I hanged up.

Jisoo and Jennie unnie laughs.

"Wow, you're good at rapping Chae," Lisa said to me. I snorted.