17

Dongju looked around outside for Keonhee before he soon found him, standing against a tree and looking up at the sky. 

"H-hi", he said. Keonhee jumped slightly and turned. 

"O-oh, um, hi". 

"I'm Dongju". 

"K-Keonhee". The two stayed silent for a bit. Keonhee looked back up at the sky while Dongju stood there, looking down at the ground and played with his fingers. 

"S-so, your a vampire too"? Keonhee asked. 

"Y-yeah". Keonhee's phone then rang and he grabbed it, answering the call. 

"Hello"? Dongju stayed silent as Keonhee spoke on the phone. Keonhee's eyes widened and soon began to tear up. 

"O-ok. T-thank you for letting me know"... He hung up and fell to his knees, covering his face. Dongju rushed over and got down next to him. 

"What happened"? Dongju asked. 

"M-my father... h-he died"... Keonhee whispered. 

"Oh I'm so sorry". Dongju pulled him into a hug. Keonhee let him and just cried. Dongju didn't know what exactly to say so he just stayed silent and rubbed Keonhee's back. 

When they pulled away, Keonhee rubbed his eyes, wiping his tears away.

"I-I'm sorry. You shouldn't have to see me cry". 

"It's ok". Keonhee smiled. Dongju felt a something as they sat there, like a small connection between them and he looked at Keonhee.

"D-did you feel that"? He asked.

"Do you mean like a connection"? Dongju nodded. 

"Y-yeah I felt it". 

"What was it"? Dongju shrugged. 

"Not too sure". They stayed sitting on the grass for a bit before Keonhee did the one thing he never thought he would do: he leaned in and kissed Dongju. Dongju was surprised by the kiss but he soon kissed back. After a bit, Keonhee pulled away to catch his breath and looked at Dongju. 

"C-can I be honest with you"? Keonhee asked.

"Of course". 

"I-it's gonna sound weird, and we just met but... I like you. That weird feeling I felt, I think it was for a reason". 

"I think your right about the weird feeling. A-and I like you too". Keonhee smiled.

"A-and thank you for comforting me before".

"No problem. We should head back in. Youngjo is probably worried about me. He still thinks I'm a kid". Keonhee giggled and stood up. Dongju stood up as well and the two made their way back inside.

~~~~

Hongjoong waited outside Seonghwa's room. He was worried but grateful that someone would be able to help him. After a bit, Seoho walked back out. 

"Is Hwa ok"? Hongjoong asked.

"Yes he is. He needs to rest though. For leaving the bite mark unattended, it was nearly fatal to him. But's he's ok now". Hongjoong sighed with relief and looked into the bedroom to see Seonghwa asleep on the bed.

"Thank you". Seoho smiled and went to leave before turning back to Hongjoong.

"You really do love him don't you"? Hongjoong turned to him and nodded.

"I think you the only one that has made him feel more... alive than ever". Hongjoong smiled.

"Why did you want to get turned? You had a whole life ahead of you". Hongjoong looked down. 

"I-I wanted to be Hwa and I didn't want him to have to watch me die". Seoho sighed.

"Love can make you do crazy things, one being letting your humanity get stripped away". He then walked away, leaving Hongjoong alone in the hallway. Hongjoong sighed as he looked back into the bedroom at Seonghwa. 

"Yeah, love makes you do crazy things", he whispered.