18

Seonghwa slowly woke and sat up, hissing in pain as he accidentally added pressure to his hand. 

"Ah shit"... he muttered. He felt ok now thanks to Seoho. Seonghwa stood up off the bed and made his way downstairs. The others were talking and didn't notice him walk down. Hongjoong then turned and smiled before standing up and running to him and giving him a hug.

"Your awake".

"Hey Joong".

"How are you feeling"? Keonhee asked as he sat next to Dongju.

"I'm feeling ok. Still hurts but that's all. Thanks Seoho".

"No problem. Just keep resting and it'll be healed in a few weeks". Seonghwa nodded. Hongjoong looked at Keonhee and saw him and Dongju holding hands and he looked at the two confused. 

"Hey, um Keonhee, can I talk to you for a second"? Hongjoong asked. Keonhee nodded and followed Hongjoong outside. 

"What's up"? Keonhee asked. Hongjoong turned to him. 

"I'm just curious about you and Dongju". Keonhee's face turned red and Hongjoong giggled.

"You like him"? 

"I-I, um... yes", Keonhee mumbled. 

"Hey you found someone that's good. But be careful with a vampire". 

"I know. I will, don't worry. He won't hurt me". Hongjoong smiled and hugged his friend. He was happy for him.

"But can you promise me and Dongju one thing". Keonhee nodded for Hongjoong to continue.

"Stay human. Love can make you do crazy things but I don't to see my friend in this life". 

"But Joong"... 

"Keonhee no. I made my choice, I want you to stay human for me and Dongju. Yes your fragile, but Dongju wouldn't want you to get turned". 

"That's advice you should've taken yourself Joong", they heard Seonghwa say. Hongjoong turned to him. 

"Oh leave me alone Hwa". Seonghwa chuckled as he walked over. 

"I'm just playing with ya. It's nice having a vampire mate. But I miss your warm skin". Hongjoong smiled. 

"We're the same temperature now. I like that". Keonhee smiled at the two. 

"You two are cute together". Hongjoong and Seonghwa returned the smile.

"Thanks Keonhee. And you and Dongju are cute as well". Keonhee blushed. 

"T-thank you". As he spoke, Keonhee was hugged from behind, scaring him.

"Holy"...

"I'm sorry Keonhee. I didn't mean to scare you", Dongju said. Keonhee calmed down and leaned back in his arms. 

"Your warm", Dongju spoke. Keonhee smiled. 

"Don't hurt him please Dongju", Hongjoong said. 

"I won't, I promise". Hongjoong smiled and Seonghwa took him back inside while Keonhee and Dongju stayed outside. 

"Hey Dongju can I ask you something"? 

"Sure you can ask me anything". Keonhee turned around in his arms and looked at him. 

"W-what if I became like you"? Dongju was taken aback by the question.

"Oh, um, w-why are you asking"?

"Well, I was just asking. But what would you do if I became like you"? Dongju had to think for second before he could answer.

"I'd miss your warmth that's for sure. But, it would be nice to know I wouldn't accidently crush you". 

"W-would you turn me if I wanted you to"?

"Why are you asking these questions? I want you to stay human", Dongju said. Keonhee looked down.

"I'm in a house full of vampires, I feel so different. And I'm fragile. I can get hurt easily. I don't want that". Dongju sighed.

"I want you to stay human. I can protect you and I won't hurt you. I'll be careful". 

"It not you I'm worried will hurt me. They've been attacked by others vampires, one hurt my friend! And they've been attacked by wolves while I was here. I want to know that I'm safe and even if you protect me, I'll still get hurt". 

"L-let me think about it". Keonhee just nodded and the two stayed outside for a bit longer.