Pools of threat (6)

The next day went by pretty fast, nothing happened at all. And now she was in the parking lot waiting for Lydia so they can go and watch this stupid game that Allison made a huge deal of.

Neither Echo nor Lydia were looking forward to it at all, but apparently somewhere in the book of ‘friendship rules' said that if your friend begs you for a whole goddamn calc period because she doesn't want to be alone with her grandfather, you just have to do as asked. There's just no second thoughts or other options.

At this point Echo was waiting there for like ever, cause Lydia had a meeting with the school's counsellor, Ms. Morrell. Out of boredom, Echo swings her legs trying to pass the time, that's when her eyes lands on Lydia running out of the door.

A smile comes to her face as she jumps down the hood of Lydia’s car, taking a few steps her way. “I was thinking you've forgot about the game...”

But Beacon High students just enjoyed ignoring her, cause the last thing she notices is how Lydia pushes past her, straight to her car.

"Lydia? What happened?" Echo turns in her place to face, Lydia as she unlocks her car "Are you crying?"

Lydia sits in her car and before Echo can react, she locks the doors again. So a stunned Echo is left outside and alone, like an idiot. "Lydia?"

Lydia just smacks the steering wheel, out of frustration. “Would you just leave me alone?”

"No." Echo stands besides. "What happened? What did she say?"

Lydia glares, in between her tears. “Why do you even care?”

E: Cause I care about you. That’s how normal people treat each other. That’s what friends do.

Lydia take her hands off her face and stares at Echo. For the longest time she felt like she had no friends. Jackson broke up with her and Allison was too busy with her family and hiding her boyfriend that it felt like she didn't have time for her. But something about this new girl, pushed Lydia to open up for a stranger that she only knew for a few weeks.

Her hands goes to the auto lock and before her thoughts change, she push the bottom to open the door. A small smile appears on Echo’s face. She never really had friends, besides Grace, who she didn't want to think about. She almost forgot how it felt to have friends. To sit down and talk and poor your heart out for someone who’ll listen.

Sitting beside her, Echo turns 90 degrees to face Lydia but maintain silence for her to talk when she's comfortable enough.

"It's... it's just that...” Lydia puts her hands on her face to hide her tears. “If I tell you, you're gonna think I’m crazy.”

"Lydia, if you've met my brother, the whole definition of the word crazy would be forever changed for you.” She tilts her head, even though Lydia was not looking at her. “Plus you would never know what I think if you don't tell me anything.”

“Have you ever felt like dying?” Lydia suddenly shoots her question.

"Okay, wow.” Echo mentally thanks God that Lydia didn't see her widened eyes. “um... no. I haven't.”

Lydia looks up, putting both of her hands on the wheel. “a while back this person just... I was looking for Jackson on the Lacrosse, I swear I didn’t do anything but somehow these things just keep happening to me.”

Echo puts her hands on her shoulder, in an act of comfort. “Lydia...”

L: no. One minute I was looking for Jackson and the next I was in the hospital. They said I was bleeding so much it was a miracle, they found me that fast or I would’ve been dead. And I don’t have any idea what had happened or why that happened and everyone just say that it was a mountain lion but I know it wasn’t. God I feel like I’m going insane. And I don’t even know why I’m telling you about this.